Mks 6125 mini with mlink fast response setting.

RustyKnee

I guess this Is for info...When using the fast response mode with said servos the movement is jerky if the control is smoothly operated. Its ok on normal. Anyone else experienced this?Stu

its a 4 cell Nimh. It was a bit low and tried another non full charged one. Servo went smooth when I changed to normal. I will test again with a fully charged pack and update here. Cheers guys. Stu

isoaritfirst

I have a few High voltage servo that I am installing onto my Alliaj, they jitter allover the place on my servo tester, I assume because it simply isn't supplying enough V to satisfy them. I would suspect you have similar issues and doubt very much if the problem lies within the servo. Battery/ switch/wiring or any combination of these would be my guess.

Are you guys using multiplex mlink set to fast response (14ms signal frame) rather than a set with a conventional 20 milisecond frame? I tried again on a charged bat. I also tried to video on my phone, but the video failed. RX is perfectly good and is just being swapped out of my vikos. Its on the bench not installed. One servo connected (same response with my other 6125 minis). No switch, battery connected directly, and using receiver telemetry shows 5.6V and its not dipping. I think this is purely that these aren't suited to the fast response setting that uses a non standard signal frame unless you say you are also using mlink fast respone without issue? Stu

im using the MKS 6125s on fast response setting on my Fuataba rx without issue. just to iliminate the rx can you try another digi servo on fast mode? Ill also contact MKS about this see what they sayrich 

isoaritfirst

I use fast response but don't have any MKS servos at the moment. Does your tranny have different servo type options  (4000 has a MPX or "other" servo timing option)

Hi rich and mike.I will test with different rx and also a different digital servo. I use fast response on my tragi and vikos with s3150/s3155 and also on various hyperions no probs before. I have a royal pro and I think it does have options for diff servos. I will try that too. Would be interested in MKS's response. CheersStu

playing with the radio I saw that servo type is available for a new model...or so I thought....until I read the manual. This is purely for channel order for my radio. Not tested the other ideas yet. Stu

MKS have come back to me on this issue and have stated that some rx high speed settings are not compatible with their servos. They say their servos operate at their max speed on the standard setting using a 6V battery.grin.gif

isoaritfirst

t9hobbysport said:

MKS have come back to me on this issue and have stated that some rx high speed settings are not compatible with their servos. They say their servos operate at their max speed on the standard setting using a 6V battery.
 Mmmm 

t9hobbysport said:

MKS have come back to me on this issue and have stated that some rx high speed settings are not compatible with their servos. They say their servos operate at their max speed on the standard setting using a 6V battery.
I don't really understand that reply - the speed which the servo rotates and the frame rate on the RX aren't quite the same thing. 

RustyKnee said:

playing with the radio I saw that servo type is available for a new model…or so I thought….until I read the manual. This is purely for channel order for my radio. Not tested the other ideas yet. Stu
Stu, it sounds like you are using the devil's royal evo (pro?) transmitter. on the old ones you could change the pulse width for every channel independently. As Mike says with the sainted profi you can select two models (mpx and other) for all servos. On the evo you could have each servo different. However, I seem to remember that they have changed the software so that this is not the case any more.  The cockpit sx has no such setting and the default is the same as the "other" settings on the profi 4k.  In any event I have never found that changing that setting makes any difference other than moving the position of the servo. I have used futaba, jr, sanwa etc servos on the mpx settings with no issues. In fact my tragi has been flying for 4+ years on mpx centres with futaba servos.  I don't see that it should make any difference in theory, but it is something to try I guess.  in general terms with "fast response" I have not yet found a digital servo that it doesn't work with, but I have not found a single analogue servo that it does work with, although I have never had a lot of analogues.

Hi Tom, I have some -h too for ele...but not tried them on fast frame yet...will try that too. But I thought they were the same servo as the mini but different housing. Yeah its a Devil Pro :). In terms of having modes for servo manufacturers, I think this is redundent with servo calibration. The pulse has to be between 1 and 2ms long so it make no odds how the centre is adjusted. Yeah it is odd that MKS didn't ensure that all fast frame rates were supported. Especially as they make heloicopter tail servos, which are typically fed by super high frame rate tail gyros as I understand it (admitadly these arent heli tail servos). Stu