Great Day DLGing...

simon_t

What a great weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday I took my Blaster 2 out, and on both days hooked thermals and specked out first launch. Yesterday i was on my own, but today Martin Newnham was with me and we seemed to spend most of the day avoiding 'combat' in the thermals. A super day, and whilst it might not be the best contest model, I love my blaster and would really miss it if it went for any reason.

One issue I have with the Blaster 2 that is frustrating me is that the elevator trim is all over the place as the tailboom heats and cools down. I did not build this model up - it has a carbon rod (0.75 or 1mm) in an outer.

It seems positive enough and responds well when flying, it just shifts all over the place during the day and even in flight.

Simon

Thanks Alex - the outer is all inside the boom and not exposed (hence my assumption that it is expansion and contraction of the boom causing the issue).

Not sure if changing to a spring & kevlar thread would cure that either, but I'm sure there are many experts out there that don't have this issue, so I am hopeful it can be fixed.

Simon

isoaritfirst

Yep I have had a great weekend as well, flying mainly electric toys yesterday and went up Pole cot today with my Cluster. Up until around 3.00pm their was no wind other than thermal influence which was going any which way.

First throw saw me going for a walk, mainly because the models settings were all a bit off for such light conditions.But after that it was a constant challenge all day that I managed to keep winning, the model was either going up or going down it never had any air that was big enough for just flying around in.

Good challenging conditions exactly what I bought the cluster for. :) Amongst other stuff I was flying one of those Parkzone Sukois yesterday, bought it for £38 from Weston and It flies a treat in still air, it just makes me smile.

I could spray it white, but it would inevitably need more nose weight - I think there is an alternative linkage solution. Maybe that's why the Blaster 3 has the CF rods on the outside of the boom, where it will heat at the same rate as the boom itself?

Simon

isoaritfirst

Mt Taboo has carbon rods running in outers for their full length and has no such problems. Very light, I did buy some more from the manufacturer it came rolled up in an envelope.