South Wales Slopers

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

As we seem to be mostly over here as opposed to over there, thought I'd start a thread to save jiggingn around the place.

Anyways, who'se flying where at the weekend- looks like Westerlies on both days.Gotta join in some where, there's only so much flying you can do on your own :( .

( Andy- my turn to drive if we go off somewhere East)

If I get the Skorp DSL finished, I am keen to get out for a blast. Probably Sunday, not fussed where.

I'll follow the crowd if able to. Are you 'well' Rog? Haven't seen you frages like, butt. :cool:

had a look at the forecast for Abergavenny (Skirrid), too much south for any DS and it seems the higher ground may be claggy too.

There are still days to go yet, for the forecast to improve, disintegrate ............... or both, many times. :D :(

cliffhanger

Yeah, thanks Clayt I'm feeling good- been about two months since I finished my "medication". Trying to get fit to tackle Banneau sir Gaer and Fan Gyrhich (prolly all spelt wrong) later this Summer.I'm up for trying out some DS'ing Sunday or whatever else is on over the two days.afro.gif

nucleardwarf

Well up for a blast me and, although I've maidened my Balistik, would be good to fly her in strong winds - it does blinkin' move! Might also have a chance to get me Vector III up as well! :)

conwy soarer

Looks like I will still be in the area until Monday, anyone got ideas for Sunday - pm looks better in terms of wind speed at the moment. PS I only have my Weasel EVO with me

I was thinking that it might be nice at Rhossili, but the conditions also look really nice for paragliders … and….it's a summer sunday.

Traffic is nightmare-ish (for Wales) on summer weekends down the Gower. The met office mountain forecast is saying 15mph west above 400m and a low risk of hill fog above 500m so maybe somewhere in the Brecons wouldn't be too bad?

P.S. Jon, I liked the Conwy Soarer user name :)

cliffhanger

Skip said:

What about here?View Larger Map The west facing section in the centre of the map. Bit of a walk from the A4107, but should funnel any breeze nicely
Clayt- I flew there on Thursday's S.Westerly. Wind right on the slope, great lift and long grass sloping L.Z.Only a 15 to 20 min. flattish walk from the road.I tried a westerly once- no good, being a bowl it's fussy about the exact wind direction.

What about Mickey's?

uurrgghh, just had another look at the forecast on XC liar.

Says it's supposed to be sunny here at the moment and it's piddling rain. Tomorrows wind is doing the swing from WSW to WNW thing which means Mickey's to Mickeys west to Ice-cream (only to check it out though).

Could be a frustrating day at the Bwlch. Any other suggestions?

ChrisInTheVale

Skip said:

uurrgghh, just had another look at the forecast on XC liar. Says it's supposed to be sunny here at the moment and it's piddling rain. Tomorrows wind is doing the swing from WSW to WNW thing which means Mickey's to Mickeys west to Ice-cream (only to check it out though). Could be a frustrating day at the Bwlch.Glad you mentioned that – the cloud looked low and I figured the Bwlch will be under cloud atm. Hoping to get up there b4 midday today as just a few hours spare.Any other suggestions?

Yup – persuade the weather Gods to add a touch more northerly or a bit more westerly. (still time for it to change a bit more)I'm open to ideas though

– the last W / WNW extravaganza up there left me puffing and blowing like a demented buffalo as the wind swapped one way then back again (though I guess I lost a few pounds) :)

cliffhanger

My (several) web forecasts for tomorrow say it won't be swinging to WNW until fourish in the avro; So I reckon Mickeys (so far!)

nucleardwarf

Spent the day with Steve on Mickeys, expected to see everyone there but it was not to be - it was absolutely brilliant - all the lift you could wish for, belting speeds - and no bl**dy rain at all!

nucleardwarf

Defo, did you Rog and Andy get any flying done Clayt?. How's the Skorp etc looking now, ready to blast again hopefully. :)