cliffhanger

South Wales Slopers

Skip

conwy soarer said:

I might tag along if thats OK - what time are you planning going there?Jon
The more, the merrier! Should be there from about 1030

Skip

nucleardwarf said:

Defo, did you Rog and Andy get any flying done Clayt?. How's the Skorp etc looking now, ready to blast again hopefully. :)

I stayed at home to finish the fit out (which is nearly done), Andy was either working or sleeping and I imagine that Rog had a fly then a 'nanna nap'

nucleardwarf

Skip said:

I stayed at home to finish the fit out (which is nearly done), Andy was either working or sleeping and I imagine that Rog had a fly then a 'nanna nap'

"Nanna nap" :D :D :D

cliffhanger

Yep flew Rhossili for a couple of hours from 1.00 to 3.00pm. only one H.

glider and one Parag.Wind W.S.W but good lift.Came back- not for a nap :P but to watch the end of todays stage of the Tour de France and the Red Arrows over Swansea bay- brill!

CU guys tmorrow sometime am up at Mickeys, after dropping in on my Grandson first.

conwy soarer

A grand mornings fly and natter at Mickeys this morning, it was good to put some face to names/nicknames, shame I couldnt stay longer and had more toys to play with! I also made a Photosynth of the flying site, I plan to upload one of every site I fly. http://photosynth.net/view.asp.....38;t=False

GeoffN

XC weather shows 10mph NE for Black hill / Cat's Back  Wednesday.  Should be 15 on top. Anyone for a bit of DS practice?

Skip

That photosynth thing looks great! Nice to meet you today Jon. Wednesday arvo sounds goooood. I have uni block this week with 'sports' on Weds arvos. Hopefully see you there. Where do you park?

cliffhanger

Yep- good to meet you Jon. Hope you can join us again when you get down this way.Being an old git I've never heard of Photosynth before, but I've just joined up and, like yourself, it will be handy to record new slopes etc. I'm up for Wednesday's DS even to mainly watch and learn. Thing is, where's Black hill/Cats back? Google has no record!

conwy soarer

I think this is a ridge in Herefordshire (highest point) its a bit like Cat Bells in the lakes – walked it donkeys years ago

GeoffN

conwy soarer said:

I think this is the ridge - walked it donkeys years ago http://www.geograph....uk/photo/278122

Yes thats the one. there is a car park at the end of the ridge . After driving through Longtown (if coming from Pandy ) take the second turning on the left and follow the signs.It will be nice to have some company.

I've been up Skirrid and black hill three times each and not meet any flyers.Saturday was nice on the Skirrid in the morning sunny and the wind was light but flyable .

2 o'clock the heavens opened and I was drenched. Mates flying on Garway 8 miles away bone dry, They said the Skirrid just disappeared into a wall of gray!

Andrewmawr

GeoffN said:

XC weather shows 10mph NE for Black hill / Cat's Back Wednesday. Should be 15 on top. Anyone for a bit of DS practice?

Sorry chaps,gotta work :confused:

nucleardwarf

Good to meet you today John - good fun had by all on Mickeys eh? On another note, any help on the thread I have put some questions on regarding my Acacia? :o

Skip

Geoff, are you still going up the ridge tomorrow? XC for Abergavenny is saying Northerly and the brecons mountain area metoffice one is saying NE. Do you find the mountain area forecast to be more correct for the hill as far as forecasts go?

Hopefully still see you tomorrow Clayt

Andrewmawr

Ave fun chaps-i'm really jealous :(

GeoffN

Skip said:

Geoff, are you still going up the ridge tomorrow? XC for Abergavenny is saying Northerly and the brecons mountain area metoffice one is saying NE. Do you find the mountain area forecast to be more correct for the hill as far as forecasts go? Hopefully still see you tomorrow Clayt
Sory to be so late in replying but I've only just got in.The forecast not only looks North but light as well bug%%%.  But saying that I think I will still go as its a pleasant walk along the ridge. I will aim to get to the car park about 11. I'll pm you with my mobile number.

Skip

Did you get a flight in today Geoff?

GeoffN

Did you get a flight in today Geoff? Did you get a flight in today Geoff?

Andrewmawr

Is there an echo in here?

GeoffN

Try again something locked up.

I got up Black Hill about 11 wind was light and quite Northerly, so I carried on walking up the ridge and after a few miles found a bit of a bowl just enough wind fly my Weasel . A very pleasant Sunny day, walked nearly to Hay Buff.

Walking back when I got to the ridge about 4 o'clock the wind had veered enough to fly and do some light wind DS . I took a video but at the moment it says 3 more hours to upload! .I will post again with the video.