cliffhanger

South Wales Slopers

cliffhanger

Pretty light lift forecast for tomorrow. Andy, Clayt are you still on for Rhossili, if so e.t.a?

It'll be no good to maiden the S.Ray so I've cut back on my frenetic efforts to finish it!(Sunday/Monday looks better if I can get a launch man)

I'll take the Ocelot and Phoenix tomorrow- and my video stuff if Andy's going to maiden the Ascot! :D

Andrewmawr

Gonna try to get flying by 10 Rog.

Speedo

-Sunbird

-then Ascot hopefully in that order,Will be 'cachi bricks'

Skip

Should be there sometime before 10 too, with Wasabi and possibly Gentle Lady :cool:

cliffhanger

Cool fellas. Gotta pop in for a blood test so might be a bit later than 10.

Skip

If either of you guys have some elastic bands lying around, could you bring them along so that I can attach (gently) the lady's wings :D

slopeflyer

Have a good fly guys. Dont burnOut. Save some of that epic slope lift for me end of aug..:)

ChrisInTheVale

Any reports from the West?Good Wind?Lack of Pg's?Anything maidened? :)

cliffhanger

Lovely sunny day with sea calm and tide full in. Wind started very light. Clayt used his "new" Gentle Lady to good effect. Andy and me scrabbled a bit with Speedo and Ocelot

Then a big gang of the dreaded P.G's turned up- friendly bunch, a couple were also into r.c. planes.Wind picked up a bit to around 10 mph, so we moved over to the bowl by the trig. point to allow the P.G.'s take off room.Flew there for a couple of hours, the wind never getting above ~12-15mph.

Clayt's Wasabi and my Ocelot had a mid air- just cosmetic damage to the Ocelot. Clayt's Wasabi has so many dings he couldn't tell which was a new one!

Not enough wind for Andy to maiden his Ascot.We counted 15 P.G.'s in the air! School holidays, nice weather, wind just right for them.Come mid week in Sept. with a 25mph wind I'll have the slope to myself!

Andrewmawr

No you flippin won't mate,i'll be there too ;)

cliffhanger

Skip

My thoughts on yesterday's flying are on my blog, along with a couple of photos. Sorry again Rog :confused: Hopefully the moons line up with Uranus sometime in September for me to be there too :)

nucleardwarf

Really good day at Mickeys today - a group of fliers from (Kent?) turned up - too many planes to mention them all! Around 1:30 the wind picked up and the flying took off (sic) a real pleasure watching so many different models in the air,

Steve had to leave early (just before the lift went big) Chris and I left around 4 p.m. and left the visitors to experience the Bwlch in full flow. :cool: Nice to meet you all. ;)

slopeflyer

Guys,I see you have migrated forums. Sorry to hear the paras were a mare :( I have a new toy to bring to Rhossili after the refurb is complete, it wont make august but maybe later in the year. Here it is..

vortex.jpg

Jimbo, alias pilot_jimbo on the old forum.

slopeflyer

Opps,i suppose i should mention its a Tangent Vortex Carbon Tec 5m...

Alex-Leigh

Hi. Off to Rhossili with the family tomorrow for the rest of the week. Just back from MTBing in the Pyrenees so not sure what wind etc is doing. Brief look had Thursday down as a possible. Anyone flying this week? I've only flown (briefly) from the bowl past the hang-gliders over Rhossili beach.Might be able to get a couple of gliders snook in. Be nice to put some names to faces if anyone is around this week?

cliffhanger

According to XC Weather tomorrow looks pretty good, so hoping to get my son to launch the Stingray for it's maiden flight, late afternoon.

Thursday Alex, looks like the worst day of the week with rain forecast most of the day.Wednesday looks ok with WSW winds, hoping to get there in the afternoon.

We normally fly just South of the Trig point if it's clear of ParaG's. With winds > 24mph at the slope lip we're usually ok.

Might see you there!

Andrewmawr

Good luck with the Stingray Rog.

Helluva day for a maiden :party:

Woodstock

slopeflyer said:

Guys,I see you have migrated forums. Sorry to hear the paras were a mare :( I have a new toy to bring to Rhossili after the refurb is complete, it wont make august but maybe later in the year. Here it is..

vortex.jpg

Jimbo, alias pilot_jimbo on the old forum.

Vortex? NICE!

Alex-Leigh

Yeah, not sure what I was reading when I posted that :) Will chuck the bird-60 in the car and hope to get up there Weds... Cheers.