North England Open Eurotour F3F

Skip

Thanks to Jon, Richard, Ronnie, Frank and all the other helpers for all your hard work on a very difficult weekend, including Martin who supplied the bibs. Thanks also to the sponsors T9 & MKS Servos.  

I think at one stage we all thought it unlikely we would get a comp in, so 5 rounds was probably the best we could hope for.  A couple of stand-out flights for me were Espen's 2nd round flight ( the one in the video a few posts above, flying his Freestyler 3) and in particular Mick Walsh's superb 43 seconds.  

Believe me it looked really fast in the conditions, was flown aggressively and accurately, and was the very best I have seen Mick fly (and I've seen Mick fly some blinders on a few occasions).The weather was fascinating on the Saturday, with fierce thunderstorms around us, and a semi-tornado towards Pickering - I have a sequence of photos showing it forming, boiling away and then dying.   

Simon

Thanks for compliment Simon - If I could only find the secret of doing it consistently!!! Then thats what separates the Cream from the wanabees!. CheersMick W

Sorry for the late post but work has been mental this week.. I would like to "ditto" everything that Simon said in his post apart from the bit about the weather. I didn't find it "fascinating" just WET

Stefan Bertschi

Back at home since Monday, I had finally time to upload some photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/bartlix71/NorthOfEnglandOpen?authkey=Gv1sRgCPKYyeHmwNbNhQE#slideshow/5628894002828146610 

Thank you John and Rich, I had a nice time and some great flying (well on Thursday at least).Thanks everybody else for always making it worth to travel to the UK.

Cheers

Stefan

henryf3f said:

Hi Guys,nice competition, hope to join you some time in he future. Anyone can tell me wich model is the one that is white with black and purple stripes ?? this onehttps://picasaweb.google.com/campsieflyer/HOfHEuroTour9th10thJuly2011#5628184191040335762 Fernando.
Hi Fernando If its photo 58 it is the Stratair Hurricane F3B belonging to Stefan Betchi. Peter

jwest532 said:

Sorry for the late post but work has been mental this week.. I would like to "ditto" everything that Simon said in his post apart from the bit about the weather. I didn't find it "fascinating" just WET
It must have been Espen and myself talking about the weather that you found interesting...  

simon_t said:

jwest532 said:

It must have been Espen and myself talking about the weather that you found interesting...  

What were those clouds called again? Taramosalata?