Sign in to follow this  
f3fman

Torchwood uses F3F practice site in Wales

f3fman

Anyone watching Torchwood on TV this evening would have seen helicopter flying scenes along the ridge that we used to practice for the Rugen 2004 Viking Race.  This was at the Gower Peninsula in Wales on the lower slopes as we knew the Rugen slopes were all low level.  It did come as a surprise in Rugen however on a practice day to fly off a 1.5 metre ridge above the sea, that was a little scary to throw the model off to say the least , luckily the wind was not in that direction during the comp !On the subject of Rugen I saw a post a few weeks ago asking why a model was banked as it went along the ridge, with a video clip attached. If I remember the ridge correctly it was a slight bowl, particularly the right hand end as looking out to sea, and having watched the video I think this is part of the explanation for the angle of bank on the F3F model.

simon_t

Well spotted John - I was busy texting Martin Newnham that Rhossili was on Torchwood, whilst still trying to watch it.  I spotted it as soon as they showed the house, and was sure a bit later when they were on the beach

isoaritfirst

The One Show was there earlier in the week as well. Looked a lovely day when they were there but nothing flying - so I guess it was filmed very early in the morning.

Guest Jon_s

Yeah saw the one show, but when I watch that I kind of like Alex Jones's accent. :)

MooSe

The new Torchwood aint as good as the old one but Gwen is still hotsmug.gif