North West Slopers

Rooster-X

The Xenon colour scheme is an acquired taste, I like it and so does the previous owner as he got it painted to his preference :D We got lucky with the sun hiding behind the clouds, made the light much more interesting for the video work.

Tom

Floydupton said:

Just got back from Barbon, got to the top of the hill before I realised I had forgotten my fuz :censored: :censored: :confused:

That's as bad as checking your batteries with a dodgy volt spy just before you fly and thinking they are all flat only to find it was the volt spy all along when you get home... :confused:

Well early start tomorrow, if I can see the summit and the wind is blowing from the West a hike up to Little Ingle for my DS fix. Then off to Barbon for some F3F practice. Anyone else fancy a trip to the Wild North West?

Tom

Well the visibility gods weren't on my side for DS so after scaling Little Ingle in the snow, building a snowman while I waited, I gave up and went to Barbon instead for some F3F practice which was snow and clag free.  

Sloper said:

looks like we missed a good days flying again :confused: well join you up there sometime soon

Split the petrol with you?

Ro.

At least you didn't hike up Little Ingle and back for no reason, my boots fell to bits with the effort, need a new pair now, still 2 years for cheap boots ain't too bad I guess.

The air got smoother and faster as they day wore on which wasn't captured on video, I'm finding that the Xenon doesn't like being over ballasted, think I might stick to flying light, reversals are much easier although I could do with a more responsive elevator maybe move the CG back a little, hitting the stops of the TX a lot these days.

Martinet was going well!

Tom

If i remember right Tom, I felt there was still plenty of scope to move the CG back when you took the model.

RGPuk said:
Split the petrol with you?

Ro.

Hi Rog you left your socket driver in the shop last week

Sloper said:

Hi Rog you left your socket driver in the shop last week

Thanks Rich, I only got round to missing it yesterday whilst putting the RX in my new toy. ..... :) ......

Hang on to it for me and I'll call in during next week.

Ro.

Rooster-X said:

So what 3m slippery toy floats your boat Rog?

Ronnie very kindly pointed out to me that Keith was looking to part with his VV Sting 2.8m, and suggested it might be a good intro to a pukka F3F machine. So the deal has been done.

Now I just need to train my thumbs more adequately.

Ro.

Sloper said:

looks like we missed a good days flying again :confused: well join you up there sometime soon

Was more like an hours flying to be honest, wind slightly off and :censored: freezing!

I managed to forget my wing joiner this time, thankfully Vik ran it up the hill for me.

Was determined to have a play with the Mart c of g but the fingers couldn't handle the fiddling in the cold.

You didn't miss much, its just Tom's video work making it look better then it was.....

I put 2 pieces of ballast in each wing and just one piece in the fuz, at the comp I was using 5 pieces in the fuz. I think that might move the c of g back a little but not sure, need a nice day to experiment a little.