North West Slopers

Rooster-X

Another good session tonight, pity my needle fuz is going to look more like my old A2 after yet another pilot error! :rollyeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Not much wind up Tow scar today, just enough lift to run 600g of ballast but can only Em not enough lift to reversal. Oh well at least the clag is going ;)

Sun came out, t-shirt and shorts weather, however the lift failed and the Xenon landed out in the field at the bottom, fortunately the sunshine cast a shadow on the ground so was able to land without damage, just had to scale down the cliff face then return back up with a 3M glider in my hands :eek: .

Rich and Keith showed up, and probably thought I'd been kidnapped when they found my TX abandoned on the top of the slope. Keith then showed off his slopecraft extracting the most lift out of the light conditions in the glorious sun with his FS3, he even got his Raven flying although that landed out on the side of the cliff. I managed to scale down to the ledge to rescue it, despite Rich scolding me for risking my neck ;)

Rich had a technical problem with the Needle and elected not to fly, I decided to chuck the Xenon off again and managed a little more EM turns, although the downwind landing across the rocks was a bit dodge, but managed to get it down in one piece.

Then an enthusiastic Paraglider turned up to chew the fact about model gliders, helicopters and MTB's we then decided to pack up and ran into a group of 17 year old girls out on a Geology field trip, after exchanging pleasantries and admitting to being the ones flying the gliders and that I studied Geology 20 years ago, I then attempted to explain limestone formation to Rich although I don't think I convinced him :D

Not a bad day to be out in the dales, pity there wasn't enough wind, two things I learned today is to put the ballast into the Xenon so it doesn't change the CoG and change my trims so that they are Combined across the conditions instead of separate, still learning :rollyeyes:

• 1 month later...

Looking like light NW winds tomorrow, considering the hour walk up into Ingleborough bowl, long while since we have been up there....

When I woke up after the f1 I headed over to Hawes for an hour a my legs couldn't handle walking up any hills...... Was good, not crazy powerful but nice and smooth.

Going to try Wild Boar Fell this aft - the 'How far away is that hill?' conversation on Hawes.

Could be a bit of a walk but hopefully worth it.

post-1786-0-18574800-1350808114_thumb.jp

Nice slope, wind slightly off to the south but as the main edge is a huge bowl it just meant I had to fly over to the left. Wind speed was quite low so landing was rotor free and grass nice and soft - not the usual tufty stuff. Had a couple of big thermals come through for some fast action but mainly low 50 air. Def one to try in some higher wind speeds as the landing zone is very big and should be hassle free. As for the walk, it was a 5 mile round trip and quite a challenge but hopefully wont put you guys off for at least one trip?? ;) (not going to post my walking time, as they are not believed.... :D )

post-1786-0-67916300-1350835405_thumb.jp

As for the walk, it was a 5 mile round trip and quite a challenge but hopefully wont put you guys off for at least one trip?? ;) (not going to post my walking time, as they are not believed.... :D )

I guess that'll be 15mins walk then like gargarath :D