North West Slopers

Rooster-X

I was interested in the Gyro to help fly better laps and get more speed but I could always retro fit some tip weight instead, it doesn't seem to slow down Paul's D60.

Tom :)

Right, the tip weight will help steady up the laps & certainly give more speed in good drive.

And the D60s have shown they'll carry weight even in modest conditions, just not bang such hard turns.

And certainly a lot cheaper!

Though it is fun playing with the servo, an added interest, especially switching to "HH" mode.And I'd wager it'll cope better with dodgy backside conditions.

Mind, there's the option of having both - exactly my intention :)

Well I can see from my office window that the clag has lifted off the hill and sun is shining, the trees are bending nicely, should be blowing 40mph+ on Little Ingle, hopefully get some good speeds up there this evening before the clag comes down again :clap:

Tom

Edited by Austin

• 1 month later...

Paul found a new slope for us to try in deepest Yorkshire yesterday, Penhill, its one of the many hills we drive past on our travels to the HoH and as we are fair weather fliers and didn't bother going to HoH :confused: we went to Penhill instead :) Easy enough walk, nice defined edge, plenty of space to land on soft bog, what's not to like. Video and photos to follow.

Tom

Nice one Tom, nearly set off up there today but no wind at all so went a run up Tow Scar instead. The photo sequence of the turn is good, is this a setting on the camera or just you operating the shutter?  It would make a good sequence if you could get a photo every ~0.2sec or something.

Its just 3 shot burst, would have to use one of Mandy's fancy cameras to get more shots, or could always rip them off the video frame by frame, but how far do you want go in analysing your turns, they looked pretty quick to me ;)

Tom

Just off for a ride up to the Windmills and back, cracking day but no wind :confused:

Gonesoaring2003 said:

Looks like a good slope! How's the Artist repairs going Tom?Alex
Fuse needs filling and sanding wing still to do, its a long process ;) , how is the Skorp?

Cheers

Tom

Floydupton said:

Good stuff Tom, not sure about the music :eek:

Mandy didn't like the chill out dance music that I chose first, so I went for somthing a little more dramatic from one of my favourite films, The Matrix. Only problem is there's a lot of dynamic range in the audio track so you really need to turn the volume up to hear the quiet bits, better than the howling wind noise anyway :)

Its good to see a couple of different perspectives, I suspect it is still a little boring to people other than you and I though, F3F practice is a bit like DS videos.....

Still, for us it is a good record of a good afternoons flying on a new slope. :clap:

Also may give the others who fly the area an alternative for northerlies, I think it may be a powerful slope with a bit more of a blow. :)

Gonesoaring2003

Rooster-X said:

Gonesoaring2003 said:

Looks like a good slope! How's the Artist repairs going Tom?Alex

Fuse needs filling and sanding wing still to do, its a long process
;)
, how is the Skorp? Cheers Tom

Skorp is nearly ready to go just cosmetics left - was hoping to fly it this week before Whitesheet next Sunday but don't think I'll get the chance :rolleyes:

Alex

Thanks for the kind comments guys, guess my experiment in using movie soundtracks hasn't worked as well as I hoped, maybe I should have used the Linkin Park or Rage Against The Machine tracks I had in mind instead :) Must admit its much easier shooting video on a Northern Slope, no pesky sun to ruin the shot.

Tom