2.4 Whisker location

andyharrold

Hi there,I am just about to drill some holes through an Air One fuz for my two 2.4 whiskers.Is there a preferred location/ orientation for these aerials?the fuz is lined with carbon , there is a carbon wing joiner, and maybe more! there is no nosecone so whiskers are easily fitted.I am using FrSky so cannot add extra satelites to cover all angles but i can put an extra long one on to enable one to be aft of the wing joiner.looking from the front I was going to place one at the 11 o'clock position pointing straight out and one at the 2 o'clock position laid back by 45 degrees.any thoughts? andy.

My thoughts are;when flying you are most likely to be under the glider,why would you want to put whiskers out on top of the aircraft?caveat: if they are directly underneath they'll get pulled on landings. I'd say 4 and 8 o'clockbut, I'm no expert.

Airwave said:

My thoughts are;when flying you are most likely to be under the glider,why would you want to put whiskers out on top of the aircraft?caveat: if they are directly underneath they'll get pulled on landings. I'd say 4 and 8 o'clockbut, I'm no expert.
It is on an F3F glider so it wont be going too high, so I will be looking at the top of the glider quite a bit. also.. because I am rubbish at using thermals.rolling.gif