A 'Free" incidence meter using the contents of your scrap bin…

Mr Ed

… oh, you'll need a £230 iPod touch or a similar smart phone device as well... ;)I'm about to glue a t-Tail onto a plane salvage and the last time it was a bit out.This time I thought I'd check it properly. Don't own an incidence guage but in the offcuts heap I had 3mm Coroplast and 3mm carbon rod.Coroplast, like many cheap mass produced things is remarkably consistent and accurate so I used it for the slider mechanism. The little 'carriage' for the iPod is just CA'd in place in the middle so the rods dont keep sliding around.Works a treat, The only thing I'll do to improve it is fill with epoxy the flutes where I've made the cuts for the LE and TE so it is harder wearing.I was tempted to make side cheeks out of ply and glue the correx to it but being honest for the occasional use it gets its easier to make a new one each time.On the iPod I use Clinometer as the spirit level program. Extremely repeatable results.The basic device:The readout. Tenth of a degree good enough?Where inspiration can strike (for Phil).

Why the picture of The Boot in Weymouth matey ?               Nowt to do with incidence meters , i used to play darts for them many moons ago , and i met Bruce springstiens band in there when they was touring about 20 years ago .                                                Bob

conwy soarer

Funnily enough a week or so ago I needed to check the decalage of my latest homebrew, my usual gadget was at home in North Wales so I had to improvise with my Nokia 5800 and one of those apps I had downloaded which I knew would come in handy some day.P1030941.jpgWorks a treat on bigger models, a tad heavy for little uns.P1030942.jpgJon