Sign in to follow this  
Slosloper

2.4G Performance

Slosloper

Have heard slopers remarking that they've obtained improved response to the stick/s on converting to 2.4G.Is this the general concensus?

satinet

I think if there is a difference it is very marginal and gliders are probably not the place to notice it, compared to say one of those super aerobatic helicopters.  When I changed to 2.4ghz I felt like there was a slight difference, but then you get in to a whole world of psychology around expectations and all that. I suspect a placebo would be interesting (I use the terms loosely!). I didn't suddenly get better at flying when I changed over to 2.4ghz that is for sure.

Gonesoaring2003

I agree with Tom - it feels like quicker responses but not enough to be sure. The other thing is I went from a Multiplex 3030 tx to a Royal Evo and although I still love the 3030 and find it much easier to set up etc. The Evo feels better in the hand (ergonomicly) so probably not a good comparison.JMHO

Mr Ed

my foamie wings definitely felt better on 2.4.

Jon_F

You definately see and feel the difference on 3d heli's with fast digital servos on the cyclic/collective. If you flick the cyclic stick you see it instantly on the head- great for 'crack' manoeuvres (deliberately shaking the Heli). On gliders I'm not sure I notice any difference - more for peace of mind and not worrying about getting shot down. You might possibly get more even deployment of the flaps on crow braking with the reduced latency that 2.4 gives you, for example.

Sloper

Yep i definatley noticed the difference, i switched on the 12FG, from 35 to 2.4 and the roll rate response and elevator response was a lot sharper on the sticks. I needed to back off my snap curve.

Woodstock

Absolutely no difference in my experience.