Cyril Wrecked

Tone-the-glider

slope_dragon_x said:

Is there anybody who unplugs the battery to charge it?
I do on some of my models.Mainly because I wanted to have a simple and quick way to disconnect the battery.So during the install I make the battery to switch connector very prominent. Over the years I have had a few occasions where batteries have shorted and models have almost gone up in smoke. Fortunately on all I have been able to rip the battery out of the circuit before any terminal damage was done.In a lot of my models ripping the battery out quickly would be virtually impossible, and i also became aware that making nice neat installations where all the wires were tucked out of sight was just compounding the issue.So on my newer installs I consider just how I would disconnect that supply quickly if I had too. Because I have an easily accessibly connection I also often disconnect the battery when the model is stored. This disconnection point gives a nice easy charge point as well.

slope_dragon_x

slope_dragon_x said:

Is there anybody who unplugs the battery to charge it?
It was a bit of a loaded question really.  Because if you don't then there is a risk of "black wire" anywhere in the circuit that is still connected to the battery.Having had black wire on a couple of installs, there are now very few models where I take this risk (only foamies where the battery is buried).  As a matter of habit I disconnect the battery after each session because I don't know how long the model will be stored.