Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ed

A Tx and Rx and servo question.

Mr Ed

A gobby muppet I may be but I've only been back doing this game for a while after a loooooong layoff. So I am a bit confused by some aspects of this radio lark.If I set up such delicate things as cross over linkage flaps using a Rx lying around the bench and then change to a different model and brand of Rx will the servos centre differently and have throws other than those intended?35MHz question chaps.

Edited by Mr Ed

satinet

it should be the same (35mhz or 2.4ghz). The pulse width is transmitted from the TX. Unless the rx has some sort of programming (e.g jeti duplex) it should not make any difference.

simon_t

Futaba and JR have different servo neutral pulse points, although the difference in centre is quite small.  But I thought you were an MPX person.  You might find very small differences, but nothing that a small amount of subtrim can't sort out.

Mr Ed

Ta. Means I can set something up without stripping bits out of another plane.

Jef Ott

Recently changed a model from Schulze 8.35 rx to Corona 81011 rx, and a couple of the servos were quite different on trim afterwards. Couldn't get my head around that - I thought the Tx controlled the servo centring, regardless of the rx - but I was wrong. Jef

satinet

simon_t said:

Futaba and JR have different servo neutral pulse points, although the difference in centre is quite small.  But I thought you were an MPX person.  You might find very small differences, but nothing that a small amount of subtrim can't sort out.
isn't that the transmitter though rather than the receiver?multiplex has different centres to JR and futaba as well.