Pegase 5.2M

Rooster-X

Rooster-X said:

Love this scalie banking and yanking, flies really well, wonder where I can get one from?

Tom,

Wherever you may get one from - for Gods sake don't get one with that music with it ! :confused:

isoaritfirst said:

Now there a video that has been edited at the wrong frame rate!

Looks like 30 fps on my PC , it looks fine mike

Unless im missing something , but it isnt strobey in the slightest

Bob music sux though

Gonesoaring2003

yep video seems fine on mine too. Thought he was going to catch the tip when he first picked it back up - I guess thats easy to do with a 5.2m wingspan!

Cliff H said:

Tom,Wherever you may get one from - for Gods sake don't get one with that music with it ! :confused:

Friend of the Night - Mogwai. Well I like it so there. Nur! ....... :p

Yeah - saw that vid in the vimeo slope soaring group todayflies well - probably costs ££££

countryside looks very English - like Wiltshire?

Phil.

Bobbyr said:

Looks like 30 fps on my PC ,it looks fine mike

Unless im missing something ,

but it isnt strobey in the slightest

Bob

I just happen to know :o that this vid was run through at a different frame rate to slightly speed up the action.Although I only did it to the level that felt how I remembered the day, it is faster than the recorded footage.

http://vimeo.com/11830468

Gonesoaring2003

That looks like a comedy sketch!

Expected the glider to be fired off the hill quicker than that the way the 3 chaps were straining with the bungee!

I stand corrected then Mike ,

But if you film something at 30 Frames Per second and edit it to 60 frames a second it does not squeeze 2 seconds of footage into 1 second , If that makes sense , it just tends to double each frame , making it smoother .

If you film something at 60 frames a second and slow it to 30 fps, it takes every other frame , makes it not so smooth .

If you take 30 fps and speed the footage up through that second it tends to become more Strobe's for want of a better term . Because its taking 30 frames from maybe 2 seconds, so 15 frames from each second . To me that footage didn't seem to strobe,

But your Video looks as smooth as the First , so i have to admit that you could be correct :) I also thought that you saw it strobe, prompting your first post , then maybe your PC was updating or something , You must have seen something i didn't , So i apologise

I didn't set out to call you a liar , just thought your PC was doing something at the same time :D

Nice Strega Video though , because again i didn't see anything out of the order :clap: :clap:

Bob

Gonesoaring2003 said:

That looks like a comedy sketch!

Expected the glider to be fired off the hill quicker than that the way the 3 chaps were straining with the bungee!

Comedy sketch - its dead serious! - and actually its 6x chaps - 3 each sideBeen there, done that, very long time ago - huge fun - only happens in a big wind, so you're almost up to flying speed anyway. In the glider, when you say go - you're gonna fly, no matter what!

Phil.

bungeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Gonesoaring2003

OK, penny has now dropped, this is full size with people in it, not a 5.2m rc toy!

Forget the comedy sketch, now it looks just down right scary!

And yes, I do feel stoopid!

Well - when I did it (1973!) it was in a K13 - and the only restraining was:1.

full down elevator until you are ready to go !!!

2. a concrete block with a dip in it for the wheel to go inso you sit there in the glider, petrified, in a 30mph wind, pushing down elevator all you can - yell "all out" - the chaps (and chapesses) run off down the hill to stretch the bungee, and as the glider starts to lift out of the block - bring the elevator neutral (well, less downish) and away you go !I expect that modern gliders might have a wheel brake too? - get more tension on the bungee that waygreat to see they still do it - might have to give it another go :)

Phil.