Sign in to follow this  
slopeflyer

Help needed for 2.4 install with carbon fuze.

slopeflyer

Hi, picked up a nyx today, which I beleive has an all carbon fuze.Any tips on installing my receiver into this. See pic. I was thinking of drilling out the side with say a 1mm drill, poking the wires through and strapping to fuz side. Will this work or any other suggestions.Thanks. Jimbo.http://tapatalk.com/.....d-d8dd.jpg

Edited by slopeflyer

Feefo

That's all I did on my Carbon Bird 60", but I made sure the silver ends weren't covered in any tape. I also did them so they didn't go under the wing at all as that's carbon too. I'm being OTT there but it makes me feel better. I just used clear sellotape or similar. I've heard a few complaints about those ariel exit shrouds, the rx ends can get knocked/bent about due to how they protrude and the rx antenna can end up getting fractured/broken off.

Edited by Feefo

RustyKnee

In my Vikos I just drilled holes for whiskers in the nose. I hot glued the wire inside to secure it and stop going back inside the fus. I didn't protect the wires outside. I havent experienced any issues, but always felt the wires were a bit fragile....but not had any breakages. Stu

slopeflyer

So never had any distance rx issues just using the wkiskers out technique. Tbh the receiver is secondary, can get new whiskers, but I DO NOT want to experience signal loss!What is the optional fixing angle? One forwards and one rearwards? Or both forward? Or one forward up at 45, one rearward down at 45?

Edited by slopeflyer

RustyKnee

I've never had a signal loss in the air, even getting the model nice and small. Even looking at the signal strength on my MPX Mlink it rarely drops under 100%. I just have mine with the tips going backwards and out, so they were approximately 45 degrees to the centre line looking down from above the model, so 90 between each aerial....but I imagine they blow back further in flight.

Bustergrunt

I use the rubber grommets in the fuz sides (which come with servos), the round ones. i drill a suitable hole in the fuz side, then poke the 'whiskers' through the sides and just let the hang out.I would suggest that they don't get poked out too far forwards along the fuz, i.e. towards the nose as I have had them 'snipped' off when a 'planted' it

Edited by Bustergrunt

slopeflyer

I'm hoping I don't 'plant it'.. I will put it together and take a pic. I doubt it will go together in my 'workshop'.

Edited by slopeflyer

slopeflyer

Doh. I should of mentioned it was a 2.4ghz. But I guess you already guessed that from the pic!Budget blown but it came up at a price that I had to buy it at! Digis all round and great cond. Ballast tube but no slugs so I'll need to make something up. Perhaps steel tube with lead melted in it?

RustyKnee

What do yu mean by its a 2.4? Your original post says all carbon. Is it 2.4 friendly with a glass/kevlar nose? If so, no need for whiskers :)

slopeflyer

2.4ghz. The fuze is all carbon. I can see the cloth inside all round the nose.

Phil.Taylor

2.4 hadn't been invented when that was newyou sure its a Nyx, not a Javelin? (insert devilish smiley)Phil.

slopeflyer

2.4 hadn't been invented when that was newyou sure its a Nyx, not a Javelin? (insert devilish smiley)Phil.They are remarkably similar.. Do the spare parts fit?

Phil.Taylor

LOL - dont know if the Chinese copied any spare parts for it?Phil.

Gonesoaring2003

Phil - Where's daisy gone!

slopeflyer

I was going to set it up using bohlens settings here.http://www.bretamode.....furio.htmlCG is quite a bit farther back than the 106 already. So I'll move it forward a bit at least to start.Why the values ABC and start? Note also one triksa setting the cg changes? Not sure why. Different conditions?Also why are the values of rudder different one side to the other? Ie +13/-8.Which one should I use? A?Thanks for the help, I've not set one of these up before.

Phil.Taylor

wrong plane – yours is presumably the NyX F3F, not the Nyx Furio? – see here:http://www.bretamode.....x-f3f.htmlThe settings you are looking at are for the V-tail furioPhil.

Edited by Phil.Taylor

slopeflyer

Degrees? Yuk. Ill be guessing then. I could copy my kids protractor onto a piece of paper. Might work.