Sign in to follow this  
slopeflyer

Help needed for 2.4 install with carbon fuze.

satinet

the plane is a nyx fuse with a nyx furio wing.I wouldn't move the CG – the model is a proven flier. We are talking about a 3m f3f model here (i.e stable/easy to fly) not a twitchy model.  If the model has a different fuse/tail area to a normal nyx furio the CG will be different. Besides the model has been flown plenty and tuned in by a very good pilot.  I would just leave it. ABC settings on the website relate to the 3 tasks of f3b:A- DurationB – DistanceC- Speed I would say distance is most similar to slope flying.  However you might find the settings on the lower (Bohlen) list don't give a lot of travel – rolling the model, square loops, and doing 4 point rolls etc, don't really come in to f3b very often.  The reason the settings have a different up and down value for the rudder is because the settings are the v-tail version (furio V) where people sometimes use different amounts of up and down for the rudder function/mix. 

Edited by satinet

Phil.Taylor

satinet said:

the plane is a nyx fuse with a nyx furio wing.I wouldn't move the CG – the model is a proven flier. We are talking about a 3m f3f model here (i.e stable/easy to fly) not a twitchy model.  If the model has a different fuse/tail area to a normal nyx furio the CG will be different. Besides the model has been flown plenty and tuned in by a very good pilot.  I would just leave it.
OK Tom - I know that plane & previous ownerYep - agree - just leave the CofG where it isPhil.

slopeflyer

Tom, isn't that the nyx furio I posted earlier? That pic has a similar amt.I have set my ail to 20mm up 10mm down. Elevator/crow as per settings.Ail to flap is 50%. Thermal TE down, 2mm speed up 2mm.Snap flap 2mm.Anything else?

satinet

there are two version of the nyx furio - a Xtail version and a Vtail version (nice looking model). I don't know if the fuselage for a Xtail Furio is the same as the fuselage from a (non-furio) Nyx (which is the fuse on your model).  But as the model is already well balanced, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Jef Ott

slopeflyer said:

Degrees? Yuk. Ill be guessing then. I could copy my kids protractor onto a piece of paper. Might work.
If you want to convert degrees into mm at the trailing edge of the surface, at about 50mm (2") 1mm is about 1 degree.It is only a rough conversion but is probably close enough for most model control surfaces.If your surface is only say 30mm then the easiest way of estimating the degrees might be to tape on a pointer (piano wire / carbon rod etc.) that is 50mm long. Jef

Jef Ott

The set up measurements at the web site you linked to is all in millimetres anyway.

slopeflyer

Rx installed. Drilled two holes and poked the whiskers out. I've taped it up and added about 1inch of plastic pushrod tube. Leaving the ends clear. Ive repaired one of the flap pushrods which was broken with cyano.I've added a little lead to bring the cg forward a bit for the first flight, it was way back at 125 mm! She's good for a maiden!