HoH Winter league

Rooster-X

Cheers George, trying to convince my partner in crime to go on the 7th but he might be too busy, maybe someone else will be heading across the borders  Hi Martin, yeah might have to take the Missus for a Holiday to Rhossili and incorporate a summer race weekend.  Tom

isoaritfirst

Took this bit on Saturday while I was waiting for the weather to clear, slightly interesting as I fiddle with the exposure trying to find the right setting to work well in the fog.

Rooster-X said:

.......It seems a pity that now the good weather is on its way there is no Northern Summer league........Tom
Damn.  Looks like I've missed some info.  Does that mean there's no summer competitions at all at the HoH?Ro.

George Young

I believe there are 3 Roger.29 April (BMFA (replacing Huddersfield?)), 12&13 May (BMFA L3) and 23&24 June (F3F Nats) plus Champ of Champs at the end of this month. George

That's news to me too Ro. Oh well, my Willow should be ready for next winter then, whether I am is a different matter.

we do regular practice sessions during the summer at HOH at least once a month!Maybe its time we made it into a local summer league

Tom, all, seems like we're pretty close (if not there already) to covering all directions further your way, and it would be good to see if it's possible to open up a few new slopes. I'd be happy to help/get some sort of informal comp series going if there is enough interest. Same for hoh - happy to do a summer series there also (guess it would need formalised club arrangements though) Any interest?

Hi Mark,There would be 2 interested parties in the NW for a local race but I see the location of our hills (walking wise) as a stumbling block along with the fact that we fly without permission. I would envisage an informal race would not be an issue but putting a date in the calender may be - as the majority of the sites we share with paragliders/walkers(parking) - communicating with Paragliders who do have permission to fly/school on some of our slopes could be difficult.Basically neither of us would know where to start so help from the HoH team would definately be required.....

youll never get ronnie up to the turbulator its a vertical 90minute hike

Edited by Sloper

mark_r said:

Tom, all, seems like we're pretty close (if not there already) to covering all directions further your way, and it would be good to see if it's possible to open up a few new slopes. I'd be happy to help/get some sort of informal comp series going if there is enough interest. Same for hoh - happy to do a summer series there also (guess it would need formalised club arrangements though) Any interest?
Plenty of interest, as Paul said we could do with some help contacting the land owners and negotiating with the Paragliders, at the moment we get along fine with them so I guess we just need to negotiate sharing the flying space with them for a comp. Tom

isoaritfirst

Definitely within my travelling distance - provided that the journey time isn't then extended by another hour+ of walking..

Most of the slopes require quite a hike, there's only one that will park and fly.Mind you we can always jump in Pengy's 4X4cool.gif 

Edited by Sloper