The Weasel thread

Phil.Taylor

Started on the Weasel today – bit of sanding on the edges & covered the elevons with white Profilm – rapidly becoming a lost artSo its colour scheme time again – it was going to be another "Daisy" – hence the black Oratrim/Protrim, with simple red & blue striped undersidesDaisy.JPGUndersides.JPGBut then, though the Daisy scheme is fun, and very appropriate for Devon (especially when the foam gets muddy), well, I've done that one. Maybe change the colour – a blue cow? (as in – what goes "blue, blue")Blue_cow.JPGDifferent, not sure folks would get it though?So – something different – something a bit more "dazzle"and then – a few spots to turn it into an enigmatic piece of modern art, fit for the Tate ModernDazzle.JPGModern_art.JPGI reckon that looks quite fun – and bound to get people asking why the spots, and why there, and, and…What do you guys think?Phil.

Edited by Phil.Taylor

Dazzle.JPG
The moo-cow scheme has always impressed me. A big favourites too though was always the 'Mondrian' F3F machine (I can't remember whose it was) – so the Tate Modern (without spots) floats my boat.Ro.PS (edit) - Actually, on reflection, I do like the spots. Edited by RGPuk

Gonesoaring2003

Phil.Taylor said:

Started on the Weasel today – bit of sanding on the edges & covered the elevons with white Profilm – rapidly becoming a lost artSo its colour scheme time again – it was going to be another "Daisy" – hence the black Oratrim/Protrim, with simple red & blue striped undersidesDaisy.JPGUndersides.JPGBut then, though the Daisy scheme is fun, and very appropriate for Devon (especially when the foam gets muddy), well, I've done that one. Maybe change the colour – a blue cow? (as in – what goes "blue, blue")Blue_cow.JPG 
We know what sort of programmes you watch now Phil!!http://www.bbc.co.uk.....layground/

Gonesoaring2003 said:

how about doing the Mondrian on top and the original black cow as a homage to daisy underneath?
Moondrian!  ...... clap.gifRo.

I've gone for the Stealth look on my AOW.Basically All-Black, with Carbon effect vinyl graphics......and Day-Glo Red stripes underneath. Some of the other designs on here, look great !.

Its alive ! smile.gifMy Weasel Evo (EPO) is now flight-ready - just need good wind & good weather now (could be difficult!)Its currently a Plain-White-Weasel - white Profilm/Oracover on the ailerons - colour scheme when its flown.Comes in at 350g - with a 160g length of 8mm stainless steel just waiting to turn it into a ballistic-Weasel smile.gifMuch impressed with this "kit" - its so well though out & falls together so easily & quickly - only downer is the belly pan, which is now fairly thick plastic, and took a while to trim & sand to size - hopefully much stronger than the original stuff though.more when its flown - hopefully video tooPhil.

• 2 weeks later...

Weasel-Evo maiden today - 20-25mph on my local slope - excellent fun - video up on the videos thread.Minimalist decor just for orientation - full scheme to follow (sometime...)The Wevo is definitely better than the Weasel Pro - faster, and much better inverted. Strength tested too with some interesting "arrivals" - EPO is fine - new thicker style belly pan is fine.Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Big fun Weaseling in 30+mph winds on my local 50ft sea cliff today. Went ok without ballast - but smoother aeros & fast passes with a steel bar instead of the carbon tube joiner - adds 160g.Further EPO durability testing - 2x vertical "landings" into bushes - it survived just fine - insanely difficult landing zone when the wind gets up (cliff-top ornamental garden) - but the lift is great, and a Weasel really annoys the seagulls smile.gifPhil.

Picked it up Wednesday from Richard at Woolybacks,                   had a look at it today , so started to fit it out , 3 hrs later . i ran out of ideas .                                 And thats it finished .             Crap photos , but you get the ideaPhoto031.jpgPhoto032.jpg

Oh and Thanks Phil,                           55mm was spot on the money clap.gifclap.gif.   Memo to self            must remember to not cover stuff till i measure where the holes are for fitting hardware frustrated.gifblush.gif                                                           Bob

Edited by Bobbyr

Oh, hey - thats more finished than mine - mine still needs colouring-in proper likehave fun! (you will)btw - low rates in the manual are just fine for most flying, the high rates are mental(and not recommended for F3F practice before a comp)Phil.

Took it out on Monday , but it was 50 odd mph and not weasel test glide weather .            So , Today it got its first real taste of Portland , took it out the bill , did a test throw , my god that finger hole is handy , i recon this will javeline as far as the Alula Side arm launches. very surprised how fast this is , Aileron high rates are spot on , elevator high rates are mad , and need putting down a touch ,                       i found low rates as per the manual totally useless , unless you want to float around and actually do nothing , other than turning and floating .      Great plane , very impressed with it .                  Bob

Think your on your "Jack " Jones there Phil wink.gif                                                    Bob

Yep - I'll be able to fly the flag for the Queen on the double public holiday in June (insert flag waving icon here)bet the wind doesnt blowPhil.