Sign in to follow this  
Skylark

JR DSX11 Nightmares!

Skylark

Just one of my woes is that for some reason camber change has moved from side left on the 9 to right on the 11. When I change the switch to get the left slider working it inverts and no amount of playing with reverse switches makes any difference.If anyone has managed a successful setup I'll ply them with beer and pies to get an SD card from them. Somerset based but will travel if there's a guru out there. Cheers Richard

Richylad

hiis there anything to adjust , % wise in the flap rate menu that might help...like going from a +% to a -% perhaps...... Rich

Skylark

Rich, Logic would suggest you're right but it doesn't seem to work - perhaps I've messed up somewhere else. The dsx9 is relatively straightforward and it is especially frustrating not being able to find the 11 easy.I can't get anything working properly at the moment so the slider is a fairly minor issue. I've just dropped a line to MacGregor in the hope that they can confirm a basic setup in Device Select and Wing Type.Apparently I'm not the only one struggling as a well known expert told me he gave up on the 11 after 4 hours and long conversations with Horizon!!So - what are views on the most sailplane friendly and intuitive transmitter? Richard

RGPuk

Skylark said:

............So - what are views on the most sailplane friendly and intuitive transmitter? Richard
After mastering a DX7 for the same application, regardless of the difficulties maxing out on the available facilities and never truly understanding why a user interface should be made so tricky to navigate, and then asking the same question, understandably responses were as varied as the systems others owned and used.Amongst the suggestions was the Aurora 9, which the user described as "touchscreen iPod-easy" to programme.  A very quick fiddle at T9 'felt' just right to me, so I simply took the plunge and have never regretted it for one moment.  The further validation of discovering that others, whose opinions and greater experience I respect, were also buying them just made my choice even more comfortable.Ro.

Skylark

Hi Ro, I'm hearing the same. Apparently quite a few expert sailplane afficionados have bought the Aurora 9 as a second set and finished up using it as their prime. I'm still hoping that MacGregor will be able to unlock the the mysteries which are the DSX11! I have a lot invested in JR but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. Cheers Richard

Airwave

I'm not an "Expert" and am at the "Biff" end of the gene pool for stick twiddling, but.Get an A9. Does every mix I think I might need, simply. Use either left or right slider for flaps, in either direction.Crow (Butterfly) is a standard mixflap + Aileron to elevator is a standard mix.Camber + elevator compensation is a standard mix (non linear elevator compensation is a "P" mix)If you have the TX set up just the way you like it and your mode 1 flying (weirdo) pal shows up, it's a less than 30 second jobbie to swing the whole shooting match over to mode 1 for the (speshial) chap. (assuming you fly mode 2)you can set up mode 1,2,3,4 and switch very quickly between them.apparently you can even use it for power planes and (horrors) helicopters too . . but it really excels as a glider guiders TX.imhoymmv 

Airwave
feature=shareSimon who I used to fly with in Doha and his trusty (now ancient) A9

RGPuk

Airwave said:

Simon who I used to fly with in Doha and his trusty (now ancient) A9
 Blow me down!  It's a small world.  My recommendation of "iPod easy" A9 came from Simon!  I went to T9 for a grope and bought one straight after seeing him perform with his.I also became the custodian of one of his old 3DHS Slicks – still can't fly the damn thing anywhere near as well as him though. ….. frustrated.gifRoger. Edited by RGPuk

satinet

the a9 is pretty easy to programme. The hitec pricing is also very competitive. 

Skylark

Thank you all. I spoke to Rich B at T9 and he also said the A9 is easy to program.Just popping back to my original post, and before I give up and follow the good advice: Is there anyone out there who has successfully programmed, the supposedly easy?!?!, DSX11 for 6 servos. Cheers Richard

Skylark

All! Well well well! I have finally cracked the DSX11 set up. In the end I have to confess it is relatively straightforward but, at least to me, not totally intuitive.Having gone round and round in circles, cleared out the model memory several times, finally found my mistake very early in the setup I now have the DSX11 up and running.I bought the 11, not for it's looks, as I was not impressed by the Darth V/Robot thing, but rather because of its flexibility. With all the messing around and the amount of time it has been in my hands the shape and balance works extremely well and the looks have become an acquired taste.If only JR/McG would sort out their manuals much pain would be avoided. Even the DSX9II manual has a section on 6 servo setup which should have been replicated. Neither can it be beyond the wit of man to provide some way of converting memories from one model of transmitter to the next gen version.Having said all that I am now content smile.gif and ultimately pleased with the purchase. Cheers Richard

Airwave

Glad you got it sorted eek.gif the DSX12 did me in and I launched it.But now that you can prog a JR TX, you are a better man than me gunga din party.gifEnjoy.