Graupner HOTT MX20

Adam Richardson

Adam Richardson

Thanks, I'm currently using the MX22 with a spectrum module. Love the menue layout etc, so if that's the same it would be nice, with the added benefit of built in telemetry. I can't find anywhere if it has model match to prevent throwing a model off on the wrong memory.

Adam Richardson said:

Thanks, I'm currently using the MX22 with a spectrum module. Love the menue layout etc, so if that's the same it would be nice, with the added benefit of built in telemetry. I can't find anywhere if it has model match to prevent throwing a model off on the wrong memory.
I think only spazzy has model match.

Adam Richardson

From what I've been reading on some German forums (through google translate) it appears that it does have Rx to model memory match.

Any way it's ordered now along with some receivers and a nice shiny alloy case,

Thanks T9!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

I have been using the the Graupner MX-16 for over 10 months now. Very impressed, no problems, no brown out's, compared to another well know brand.

I was that confident in the HOTT system, I converted my Graupner MC-24, same again no problem at all. Ask Dave Rumble I flew his Extreme for 2 months, with HOTT system installed.Each receiver is coded to each model memory, so you can't select wrong model and try to fly the model.

The telemetry is built into the transmitter and receiver, real time battery voltage and signal strength, if losing the signal the transmitter will warn you.You can even download information from the last flight, to see battery voltage and signal strength and quality.

With the GPS module, the information can be imported in google earth, including speed and altitude.

Enjoy.

Adam Richardson

Thanks Steve.

Theres a few more details surfacing on the net now. Does seem to have some nice features built in. Mine should be here this week too!!

Adam Richardson

Its here!

1st impressions are good, nice little touches like pre set adjustable elevator curve in the crow mixing, and the telemetry voice is fun, she told me i had 100% signal and rx was at 32 degree in the living room, so i put the rx in the fridge :D and still managed to have 90% signal strenght and temp dropped as expected, signal was impressive through a fridge and a brick wall :cool:

Adam Richardson

DSC00026.jpg

British voice is on the memory card which loads to the tx upon selecting british in the menue.

DSC00025.jpg

Back removed to adjust gimbles to my taste and set to mode 2.

DSC00032.jpg

4.8 volt Transmitter battery is a little bit :eek: :eek: :eek: after always having double that,

DSC00035.jpg

Adam Richardson

i got 2 of these 8 ch receivers and also the supplied 12 channel.

DSC00024.jpg

Size comparison with the equivilant Spektrum and JR/Graupner 35mhz

DSC00036.jpg

Adam Richardson

Programming is a walk in the park, menus are the same as my MX22 but with a few nice added extras.

The voice only works through a head phone socket on the rear, so i bought a nice little amplified speaker for it. so ill now have the options of headphone, speaker or just beeps for the telemetry.

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

Ive also fitted the upgrade option 6000mah Li-Io battery so should last a full days flying :)

• 6 months later...
Adam Richardson

Just google, mini keychain speaker.

I've just had a quick look but looks like its now discontinued. I had mine from firebox.com.

thx for the info, really appreciate it.

just found one distributor on ebay in the netherlands. got it for like 8$ including shipping. Just hope thats it sounds somehow clear and its loud enough.

hey btw since you got yourself a 6000mah Li-Io. Did you realize any shortage in signal range? Or any differences or problems of any kind? I am asking because of the lower volage compared to the original NiMh