BMFA F3F League Dates 2012

Martin_N

Hi All,Please see below the league dates for 2012, there are some rule changes for 2012 which I will publicised very soon. You will also notice the addition of a league contest to be run in Scotland this year. All League contests will utilise a weather call on the Friday evening before the contest to confirm if it will run.March:

• 4th March Wales BMFA League 1
April:
  • 29th April Huddersfield BMFA League 2 (This may be moved to HoH if required due slope access issues)

May:

• 13thMay Hole of Horcum BMFA League 3
June:
  • 10thJune WhiteSheet BMFA League 4
  • 23rdJune BMFA Nationals Hole of Horcum
  • 24thJune BMFA Nationals Hole of Horcum

July:

• 15th July Scotland BMFA League 5
August:
  • 4th August BARCS OPEN (TBC)
  • 5th August BARCS OPEN (TBC)

September:

• 9th September LYMD BMFA League 6
October:
  • 21stOctober Eastbourne BMFA League 7

Bear said:

Where is the event in Scotland likely to be held please? Roger
I'll have to let Peter Gunning answer that one. Edited by Martin_N

Rooster-X said:

Going to be a busy weekend in March, HoH WL on the 3rd. Tom
I am planning to move the HoH WL to the 10th March Jon Edited by Jon_E

Its very difficult to get the calendar together without causing congestion somewhere.

I have tried to make sure this season we don't have clashes with the F3B league, therefore enabling pilots to potentially attend / support both disciplines if they wish to, we do unfortunately have one clash in June.

I cant thank all the local CD's / Clubs enough for working with me to pull these dates together.

Martin

Martin,

Thanks very much for organising the calendar, it looks as though we have a great schedule - and with the two UK Eurotours, GBR Team Qualifier and Worlds in Rugen, it's shaping up to be an epic year.

Cheers

Greg

Bear said:

Where is the event in Scotland likely to be held please? Roger
We fly mostly in Fife and Perth. I have recently become the Scottish slope CD and will be putting together a new web-site soon, the old one is old and has a picture of Ron in scary shorts but no-body wears these any more, honest - http://www.soaring-fife.co.uk/. I will also advise some decent B&B's, camping options etc. in due course. We will also be running a 60" comp on the Saturday (as I think many of the locations will).

For now a quick run down and street-map link to the slopes:

Bishop: W only - http://www.streetmap.....#038;Z=120

East Lomond: SW, S - http://www.streetmap.....#038;Z=120

West Lomond: N, NW - http://www.streetmap.....#038;Z=120

Pole Hill: E, SW - http://www.streetmap.....#038;Z=120

There is a fair bit of walking involved to most of our slopes but nothing too steep. I really hope we get some decent conditions and can provide some good racing!

Looking forward to it.

Bear said:

Thanks Peter, I have friends in Dundee and usually get to Scotland once a year, so will be a good one for me to attend.

Roger

Roger, I live just east of Dundee so feel free to contact me for directions, local info etc. Peter isn't far away either.

George

Of course, you could get to Bishop Hill by plane:

would be great to get up there for F3F, but its a bit of a long trek from Devon

will be 40 years this summer since my first full-size glider flight / slope soaring there (insert nostalgia icon here)

Phil.

Velcro said:

Roger, I live just east of Dundee so feel free to contact me for directions, local info etc. Peter isn't far away either. George

Thank you George, have booked the spare room at my mates, so will be in touch nearer the event.

Roger

Peter G said:

We fly mostly in Fife and Perth.... ...I really hope we get some decent conditions and can provide some good racing!Looking forward to it.

Might take a few days off and mix some mountain biking at a couple of the 7 Stanes trail centres in Dumfries & Galloway, with the F3F league event at the weekend (as well as the curry house). Has all the makings of a classic comp :party: :D

Simon

Great video Phil, Bishop can be mega. West Lomond can be very fast too...

Joel you can pick Stefan up in Edinburgh on the way up or you could both fly?

Best curry house is Dundee, was thinking St. Andrews but curry is expensive there.