F3B Electric

clive Needham

The rules don't seem that complicated. Rules are always wordy - have to cover every angle.

Some of the rules are just clarifications of existing rules that apply to normal f3b (e.g one minute from launch in speed task)

Tom,

I have been through the document and removed 382 unnecessary words, while enhancing the message and maintaining the meaning. 

I have forwarded that to Clive Needham as a proposal for the 2016 rule book.

Jef

• 2 weeks later...

What field are we going to use Spoons?

Please supply adjacent road names, and a map if at all possible. 

Many thanks,

Jef

PS Is it alright if my mate Steve Crowther drops in for a chat and a maiden of his new electric glider?

My forecast is saying 18mph. Really at that wind level it's not ideal practice as it's going to result in epic launches and not really help in terms of launch setup, for normal contest conditions (more wind equalises out launches).  Personally I would rather postpone until the wind is lower, as it would be a more valuable session.  We'll see anyway.

Sloping is ok for ten mins but it's a bit like watching tennis. Left to right to left to right to land and go to the pub for lunch. Yawn. 

dont mind slope combat though. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Sloping is ok for ten mins but it's a bit like watching tennis. Left to right to left to right to land and go to the pub for lunch. Yawn. 

dont mind slope combat though. 

There's rolls and loops, stall turns, humptybumps, spins and many other aerobatic manoeuvres that can be performed in a place where they can be seen from the ground. Not all slope soaring is F3F!

....anyway, what's wrong with the pub for lunch?

You can do aeros from a flat field with a f3x glider you just have to earn the height first  the lift isn't free like the slope, so it's an added dimension if you like. 

Mid you have never tried it you should experiance it. 

But if you have a great slope like the Mynd then you have some days where tearing around with endless lift is fast and furious ( like yesterday) and other days where lift has too be earned just as flat field flying. The Mynd offers such easy land out options that even relative newbies can throw off in lift that is only thermal. 

For me it has everything. 

Great scenery and flying low beneath where your standing is much more fun than flying overhead . 

Your lucky to have it so local Mike. 

I have to make use of my winches to do the same. 

Mum only saying that if people haven't tried it they really should. 

Sometimes you get a decent thermal and others you just have to try and fly as flat as possible to give minimum sink. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Your lucky to have it so local Mike. 

I have to make use of my winches to do the same. 

So, if the wind is too high for you winch-launchers (:o) let's go to Thurnham instead. That has to be on your doorstep Jon. Bring all your ballast and show us how to do it. 

You can tell me all about F3B there IF the wind is as high as 18mph. If it is not that high I won't be able to meet you at Sutton Valence, as I still don't have the directions to the field.

:)

18mph is not to much wind to winch but the gusts make launching tricky. And taking a day off work to go to thrunham no thanks.