Sign in to follow this  
slopeflyer

Wing Incidence Guide

slopeflyer

Ive been tempted to buy a wing incidence meter. But before i did that i thought id have a go at making one, after remembering a thread i once saw (i cant find it, think it was Mr Eds), about using a bit of correx and an iphone app.The main aim is to avoid glaring misalignments during maidens, i know i can trim the stab during flight etc.

Anyway here it is, i used an old agents sold sign, i found lying in a ditch unloved. I measured the WI on my spirit elite to test it, front reading was 0.49, rear reading 1.97, giving about 1.5degrees difference. The quoted value was 2degrees from plan. Since the values are relative, its not necessary to get the plane flat i think. Anyway, that seems good enough for me and i can use it to get an approximate value and avoid glaring foul ups on maidens. Is +1.5 degrees 1.5 degrees of up incidence, im not sure of the directions (equivalent to up elevator?).

Thanks.

wi2.JPG

slopeflyer

Tried the guage on the 4001 Pro, set it to 1 degree, it was set at 5 degrees, would of made for an interesting maiden! First impressions of the guage is it works very well, im impressed. 

P3080035.JPG 

front-2.JPG