Dear Diary

busterflier

Phil.Taylor

Sadly the Barge Inn closed a while back - shame - lovely spot - used to be great to warm up by the fireside with a pint after a slope session

Phil.

3 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Sadly the Barge Inn closed a while back - shame - lovely spot - used to be great to warm up by the fireside with a pint after a slope session

Phil.

Oh yes, I forgot ...

Do you remember Simon Hall ?   He used to work in the pub    (no longer with us )

oipigface

All those of you who, like me, struggle to make progress in their chosen discipline, will want to applaud the success of David Gilbert. After 18 years as a professional snooker player with little to show for it, he will appear later today in the semis of the World Championship. His pay check will be in 6 figures.

An inspiration.

• Like 5

Kyren Wilson isn't doing bad either.  He had to supplement his income by driving taxis for a while.   Neither Wilson or Gilbert are spring chickens by any means so it's good to see hard work, good  coaching, persistence and resilience paying dividends.   Good for them.

oipigface
5 minutes ago, Kikapu said:

Kyren Wilson isn't doing bad either.  He had to supplement his income by driving taxis for a while.   Neither Wilson or Gilbert are spring chickens by any means so it's good to see hard work, good  coaching, persistence and resilience paying dividends.   Good for them.

I think you mean Gary! 

Did anybody watch the football last night? I was behind the sofa for the last ten minutes! What a night.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights this morning, wookman.  Another astounding match and result.  My experience of cup games is that the final is never as exciting as the semis.  Let's hope that's not the case this time around as these two semi-finals have been brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor

New slope for me this evening - Cherhill White Horse - near Calne Wilts - doesnt look much from the main road - A4 - but after a stiff 15 min steep hike up - its a lovely spot! - series of steep  bowls from NW through N to NE.  Excellent pub nearby too 😊

Phil.

rsz_20190521_174706.thumb.jpg.d915d47269ea48b89a9bd9d63b33fb99.jpg

rsz_20190521_193613.thumb.jpg.013c6fc48c8aa96f2398563359b8cf06.jpg

• Like 3

Graham Woods
9 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Nice one Phil,

Looks like my kind of slope with an edge.

Graham W 

• 2 weeks later...

It was party time in Liverpool last night! The atmosphere on Merseyside was brilliant, a sea of red flags and scarves.

Predictably enough neither team turned up the way they did for the second legs of the semis, but that was no great surprise.

Question is did Mane see the arm and play for the penalty?

Sorry Pete.

Got a nice couple of gifts for fathers day but this was the pick of the lot. My wife knows me so well. Haha

20190616_074520.jpg

• Haha 1