Dear Diary

busterflier

• 2 weeks later...

First day up on pole cottage slope of long mynd with my Shinto. 

What a slope and what a model... Doesn't get much better than this surely?

IMG_20190630_164745.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Munch197 said:

First day up on pole cottage slope of long mynd with my recently acquired Shinto. 

Yes, it does! Try racing with it.

Marc RC pilot
9 hours ago, Munch197 said:

First day up on pole cottage slope of long mynd with my recently acquired Shinto. 

IMG_20190630_164745.jpg

👍👌

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

XPro met the Cherhill White Horse this evening - and had a blast in 20mph wind direct into the bowls - really moves well with a touch of reflex - unballasted in lift conditions which would have suited a fully ballasted F3F at twice the weight/ loading - fun aeros too - unlimited invered soaring. Liking the Xpro - liking the slope too.

Phil.

20190701_191034.thumb.jpg.59f30aefb66e9f4442174dff177ebc25.jpg

• Like 2

As a result of the relatively windless weekend I took the opportunity to give the e-extreme an outing and workout. 

The perfect tool to keep the thumbs busy on the slow days.

IMG_20190707_171539.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A weekend up long mynd pole cottage slope with a couple of friends. Met some fantastic fellow slopers and some great flying. 

Thanks to all. 

IMG_20190721_114047.jpg

IMG_20190720_124606.jpg

IMG_20190721_124435.jpg

• Like 5

That is a fantastic slope, and great people - I really enjoy my visits there. 

In the meantime I picked up a lidl glider for £3, put some gear in it, then sloped it and soared with some birds - what a bargain!

lidl glider launch s.JPG

lild birds s.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
SilentPilot

£3.00? Looks like I got ripped off at £7.00! 

Any chance of some pics of the conversion :)

I've got some micro radio gear but instead of cutting surfaces I've got a crazy idea to try out a weight shift arrangement instead...

Tony 

Tony i need to take some pics - but basically I used a soldering iron to open out the front under the hatch and a slot for a battery. Then flatten the wing by heating with an iron through a wet cloth. I cut ailerons but used the foam as a live hinge. small glass horns and servo in each wing, another in the rudder with a horn to the elevator.

Couple of hours work that's all. 

This has potential for a cheap pylon racer for fun with a small motor, but it is excellent as a slope glider and can pick up some speed so the design is not too draggy. I tried ballasting it and it was pretty ok with the weight.

Cheers!

Kyri

• Like 1

Nothing as flash as the models beforehand on here. Went to the BMFA centre to get some flying in as I wanted to trim out my 4 servo wing Pegasus. The wind was too strong but I managed to get 3 flights in, it shows potential and is much more manouverable I need a good day to sort it. Took also my trusty Easy Glider, I always feel slightly embarrassed bringing her out for some reason. I shouldn't do as it's a brilliant bit of kit, first launch into 12-18mph winds hooked a thermal straight off for 10' followed by three more 10' flights. 

Tony

nats centre 1.jpg

• Like 2

Well I had another good day at the national centre. Hacked off that one aileron servos failed, that's the second SD100 in a month, one died and todays' one the gear train went, no idea why I'd been flying all day but I always do a quick check before every flight good job I did as there was quite a few flyers late afternoon. Also had problems with my Altis. Was set to 30' run 175m it was in fact showing +2m prior to the first flight cut off every time at 30' but the height limiter didn't work for some reason so I need to put on the laptop and see what's what. The good thing is that my new £13 emax sale motor goes to 301m for 30'. Huge thermals little wind very hard to see and scary trying to get the Pegasus down great seeing three full size gliders all in the same thermal overhead.

• Like 1

Hi Tony - on your Pegasus, do you have M3.5 wing bolts, or M4?

It's M4. Now I have cleaned up the captive bolts with a tap, I am getting a good fit with M4 bolts!

• 2 weeks later...

State of the art equipment today...

Sagitta 900 on Futaba 35mhz in marginal lift on the Orme.  Took me about 10 attempts to land, she just wanted more airtime:)

Screenshot_20190823-165813~2.png

• Like 4

Well what an interesting day. First off it was great weather flying my Q12 a little overcast late on, in fact I've just got home as the flying site is only 15'away  in wonderful countryside.  The other gentleman flying this evening had one of those things with a prop in each corner! Now I've only seen a drone in a shop and they've never interested me a bit, however after this evening I do get  it, granted this chaps drone was very  expensive certainly out of my budget, the equivalent of buying a new Explorer. I can now understand the attraction: There is no skill really involved as I picked it up within minutes, what did blow me away was flying it FPV I literally did say Wow I felt a little sick to begin with until I got used to it a bit like feeling sea sick but the clarity was outstanding and you really can fly quite a way with them. Also had a really good insight into the problem they pose. Anybody can fly these things money is the only barrier as to how good these things are, after 40' you can't see or hear them. This chaps was no bigger than an outstretched palm. How you police these things is pretty much impossible. I really do think we've drawn the wrong end of the straw on this one. Also the chap had today tested out the proposed test we're supposed to do in the future, he works with drones and tonight he was logging hours in on his personal drone as apparently they have to have so many hours per month, he said the test was pretty easy. I should have asked more but I was to busy enjoying myself. 

IMG_20190825_162413313.jpg

• Like 2