Dear Diary

30 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

exactly why I would never use FrSky ...............I lost 2 planes in as many months to phantom loss of control both within sight of me

Well I'm blowed, what a B.. I didn't know that Andy. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Well I'm blowed, what a B.. I didn't know that Andy. Thank you.

That was at least a couple of years ago now Bruce if not 3 ...but my interest is not in electronics or constantly updating and applying firmware updates to piles of rx's etc .

If its not broke why fix it 

• Like 4
isoaritfirst

The other thing to check is if any power wires have broken. 
they can break under the heat shrink and work perfect when the stars are aligned then suddenly not, when under an evil moon. 
very sad - 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Redbird said:

Thanks William. That's interesting, I'd not heard of a pre 2020 glitch. Tx is on 2.3.10 BUT I did not think to update the new Rx. I thought it was behaving perfectly but ... hmm. I do have a GPS sitting above the Grx8 but no problem with range tests and all was behaving.

Unfortunately it seems to be a known problem that was quite rare and only affected those of us on EU LBT (I think). It isn't the OpenTx version that's the problem, you actually have to update the Transmitter and receivers to the new 2.1.0 firmware.

The Grx8 needs the 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 ACCST firmware (NOT ACCESS) and the Taranis X9D plus (if that's your receiver) needs the XJT RF module updated to 2.1.0

I would suggest checking with Mike Shellim first though as he knows all about these things.

The procedure for doing the updating is quite straightforward - Aloft hobbies in America have a good download on how to do it - just ask if you need me to send you a link.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor

Sleazyglider !

Last flight of the year this morning - start of something new for 2021 - electric thermal soaring from a local country common 10mins walk away. Theres a clearing about 120m square - ok climbing out - fun getting back in again - Easyglider is a test for something bigger.

Phil.

20201230_101311.thumb.jpg.a2d5c3a787de8da60807eb457a925818.jpg

pete beadle

Hi Phil

Great fun aren't they?

I regularly use my Radian in our local Open Space,and find it ideal for a couple of hours thermal soaring which usually produces a big grin because it's all so SIMPLE!

No climbing up rock-strewn paths, no walkers filing past, friendly greetings from very occasional dog-walkers...had enough? Just take it back to the car, take the wings off, chuck it into the back of the Volvo and drive the five miles home with a big grin on my face:thumbsup::)

IMO you don't need a bigger one to get more enjoyment, the 2-metre span is exactly right for me - but it's up to you - if you really want bigger, go for it!

Hope you enjoyed a merry Xmas break and that you're looking forward to 2021

Keep well

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Radian mark 1 - now Ratti'un.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Ian F3F

A local session exercising without human company. 

Slope dog was really not that happy on an exposed slope when the rain came in for a few minutes!

But at 4kg when the air got good she screamed round!  Did me the world of good

IMG_20210111_1202430.thumb.jpg.9da8a51808f7b257b022b0eabdea38c8.jpg

• Haha 1
oipigface
12 hours ago, Ian F3F said:

Slope dog was really not that happy on an exposed slope when the rain came in for a few minutes!

Dog doesn't look as heavy as that.

• Haha 1
Andy_B

ive been back on the simulator for over a week now ...................truly sad..😶

cant keep watching Aubry's videos 

• Haha 1
Ian F3F

When you know the running order of the race videos- have you watched them too often?

thermaldoctor
On 11/01/2021 at 21:45, Ian F3F said:

IMG_20210111_1202430.thumb.jpg.9da8a51808f7b257b022b0eabdea38c8.jpg

Gotta love a border 🥰

Andy_B

this is what happens when you get an aeroplane company to help design your craft and you put sailors in it ........🙄

am.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Andy_B

took a while but new Prodij HM finished , if this one flies the same as my older one i’ll be well happy 

BF163740-E432-46A7-8D96-C6DA837A1C43.jpeg

• Like 7
Ian F3F

I don't quite have a model to show yet but its getting there.  Negatives have been baking this week.

0206_2.thumb.jpg.280f2ee4c3e492fe943edead3889fc46.jpg

• Like 1