Dear Diary

busterflier

Phil.Taylor

Electric success !

The rain & wind finally stopped this afternoon - time for some exercise - 10 minute walk to the local country common & maiden flight for my "bitsa" electric project - Xpro wings, Shadow electric fus (thanks Ian!), Crossfire tails. Flies great ! - pretty steep climb rate from an MVVS 4.6/840 motor on 3S & 14X8 prop - steep enough landing approach with CROW to get it back into a tight-space clearing on the common - a not-waterlogged bit - mission accomplished!

Roll on springtime, and summer - sunshine & thermal soaring

Phil.

XPro_Common_1.thumb.jpg.86b98fb6bb14247d48aa3ab2b6f5a641.jpgXPro_Common_2.thumb.jpg.7b5a2a164cfcbcabc1c1e6699ef8027d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well done Phil! The fuselage was from a Shadow I bought from Kevin Beale in March 2016 so it has seen some contests but sports flying will be like a horse being put out to pasture.

Only a very few can fly (close by) at this moment so enjoy it.

Marc RC pilot

Yes well done Phil! Happy days. I love those wings and it is nice to see a cross-tail :)

I cracked today and took the my humble old faithful Longshot out for a flight at local field... Scratchy lift, wind picked up and was a little nippy under cloud...But God did it feel bloody good! :)   I can feel the muscles in my hip and thighs tingling from dlg'ing

A couple of delta wing flyers and a drone pilot where out also.  

106525772_20210228_1406211.thumb.jpg.5c440128e0e71ecd08300bd03a1bed5d.jpg

I have not been to the Scrubs for about 5 years unfortunately. I'll get my son to give me a lift there now there is good weather!

• Like 1

Marc RC pilot

Look forwards to meeting you in the blue skies above.

SoggyBoots
On 05/02/2021 at 08:23, Andy_B said:

took a while but new Prodij HM finished , if this one flies the same as my older one i’ll be well happy 

BF163740-E432-46A7-8D96-C6DA837A1C43.jpeg

Those colours look awesome Andy. I'm still trying to convince Bradley to sell me his 🤣

Woodstock
On 21/02/2021 at 17:14, Phil.Taylor said:

Electric success !

The rain & wind finally stopped this afternoon - time for some exercise - 10 minute walk to the local country common & maiden flight for my "bitsa" electric project - Xpro wings, Shadow electric fus (thanks Ian!), Crossfire tails. Flies great ! - pretty steep climb rate from an MVVS 4.6/840 motor on 3S & 14X8 prop - steep enough landing approach with CROW to get it back into a tight-space clearing on the common - a not-waterlogged bit - mission accomplished!

Roll on springtime, and summer - sunshine & thermal soaring

Phil.

XPro_Common_1.thumb.jpg.86b98fb6bb14247d48aa3ab2b6f5a641.jpgXPro_Common_2.thumb.jpg.7b5a2a164cfcbcabc1c1e6699ef8027d.jpg

Love the older Nan models with "conventional" tailplanes (I have an older Xploder)..

Woodstock
47 minutes ago, SoggyBoots said:

Those colours look awesome Andy. I'm still trying to convince Bradley to sell me his 🤣

Try and rescue it before it goes "splat"!

• Like 1

SoggyBoots
26 minutes ago, Woodstock said:

Try and rescue it before it goes "splat"!

I've been given the task of assembly so hopefully that will give it a better chance, There's also a Luna/Ginger I'm trying to wrestle.... I mean rescue from him too 🤣

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SoggyBoots said:

I've been given the task of assembly so hopefully that will give it a better chance, There's also a Luna/Ginger I'm trying to wrestle.... I mean rescue from him too 🤣

lol

• 2 weeks later...
SoggyBoots
On 05/02/2021 at 08:23, Andy_B said:

took a while but new Prodij HM finished , if this one flies the same as my older one i’ll be well happy 

BF163740-E432-46A7-8D96-C6DA837A1C43.jpeg

so after her maiden did she fly as well as your other one?

• 3 weeks later...
SoggyBoots
On 15/03/2021 at 10:07, SoggyBoots said:

so after her maiden did she fly as well as your other one?

Well @Andy_B I don't need to wait for your maiden.... I know just how good it flies, absolutely amazingly... Shame I have to give it back 😞

IMG_20210404_115828_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

PXL_20210404_124516364.thumb.jpg.7e13aa132d3461ba6e8d13106adf7b13.jpg

From that same BAtch Soggy Boots - it was a good ProdiJ day yesterday. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor
5 minutes ago, mikef said:

?

Nice try - that looks more like one of our chickens has escaped

2 minutes ago, wookman said:

Oh dear Phil. What have you done?

Unpacked the plane - only to find that the wing bolts & allen key were missing 😢

So - the plane in the picture isnt, its back in the bag beside me on the bench - as I quietly contemplate...

Last time out I must have been so happy at a successful maiden flight - that I forgot to safely re-pack the bolts & allen key - now lost forever. I have spares in the workshop - from the Falcon days - nice light aluminum ones - a reminder of the time I left the Falcon wing bolts at the slope - theres a theme here...

Phil.

• Sad 2