Cotswolds Slopers

guy mckenzie

My plane's on Perth runway ready to fly Cairns so won't  be going to Selsley today.

see you all soon.

Mick

severngoose

Just for the record, 5 flyers turned up on the West slope at Selsley today, a bit lumpy but some great lift at times, the sun was shining, what more  could anyone want ? 

Onward & upward.   Tim

Had a great time at Haresfield this afternoon.

Strong wind and steady lift, I flew my correx Mig, with a 175gm lump of lead in the belly for about an hour, cheap and cheerful.

Biggest downer today was the Stroud road out of Glos was closed.

I hereby declare Minchinhampton Common a Royal Wedding-free zone (tomorrow 19th).  I am aiming to be there mid-morning.

John

• 2 weeks later...
severngoose

Found some lift at Rodborough this morning ESE & light, surprisingly  good but not very consistent.

They have put up an elec. fence to keep the cattle away from the road but it doesn’t really affect flying.

Onward & upward   Tim

• 1 month later...
severngoose

Rodborough could be ok tomorrow around midday, but there could some NNW at Selsley on Thursday after lunch, a nice change from the dreaded NE we have had for so long !

Onward & upward   Tim

Pete has suggested an unofficial Phoenix 1600 comp on Minch this pm, so anyone wishing to join in show up around 14:00.

John

severngoose

I got up to Haresfield this pm.  Managed one good flight until lift dropped away.

Next flight I lost signal &landed out, due to loose AA batt in Tx !

So I had more exercise than my Fusion.

Hope the Phoenix fest went well.

Onward & upward   Tim

• 4 years later...

Hi all, not sure if this is the place for this question but I'm staying in Cheltenham for the next few days and I am at the foot of cleeve hill. Just wondering is it flyable or restricted? 

Justin Mellor

Hi SoggyBoots - yes Cleeve is flyable. I live at the foot of Cleeve Hill - where are you?

SW wind - just below the Pylons AKA 'the Butterfles', Westerly, there are a couple of places just before that. NW above the Rising Sun.

I can give you further details, looks like a decent NW wind tomorrow pm. Park in the Quarry Car Park (gates shut at 8pm btw) by Cleeve Golf Course club House and walk up the hill from there.

Justin