guy mckenzie

Cotswolds Slopers

chuckit

In between the showers this afternoon the gusty wind was quite challenging, especially trying to land on the small slope at Haresfield. I didn't want to get too far from the shelter of my car so didn't try the main slope, There was plenty of lift for my Blaze to mess about with, always room to escape the clutches of the trees on the landing approach. Nothing got broken so went home happy.

Andy Eyeboy

Room in here for a little one?

Good evening gents. Hope all's well?

:)

Big Bear

Anyone know where the best place to get new rubber bands for wings from? Just noticed the ones on my middle phase are starting to crack!!

Cheers

Adam

Gromit

Room in here for a little one?

Good evening gents. Hope all's well?

:)

Hi Eyeboy, good to see you here :) . Hope your still giving my old flying partner's lage PSS Spitfire plenty of stick time :popcorn: .

guy mckenzie

Adam,

Antics in Glos sell them so I guess the Stroud shop might do as well. I have some new 8 inch ones which are too big for what I needed. I'll sling them in my bag, incase we ever meet...

guy mckenzie

Andy nice to see you here. We were wondering where you had been recently and of course blamed it on newly married life!

Guy

Big Bear

Well the weather does look truly pants today chaps!!

What sort of time this afternoon are we all venturing out?

Adam

guy mckenzie

2 pm for me but it may be not at all, weather dependent!

Andy Eyeboy

Andy nice to see you here. We were wondering where you had been recently and of course blamed it on newly married life!

Guy

Hi Guy, my better half is the reason I've not been out as much as I would have liked but she's "fully repared" now so I should be out and about more. Went to White Sheet for the Scale fly in a couple of weeks ago with Sparky Ben. It was another great day. Talking of great venues - guess where I'm off tomorrow for a week? Yep, it's about time this forum also got it's fair share of mentions about . . . .

St.Agnes!!! :party:

Hi Eyeboy, good to see you here :) . Hope your still giving my old flying partner's lage PSS Spitfire plenty of stick time :popcorn: .

Hi Gromit, thanks for the welcome. I hope all's well withn you?

The Spitfire is my hangar queen. She only ever comes out when the conditions are perfect for her which isn't that often. With Autumn fast approaching and the winds increasing, hoepfully she'll have a few more outings over the remaining months of this year.

severngoose

severngoose

I am a new member devoted to slope flying in the Cotswolds around Stroud, still learning (do you ever stop ), started flat field gliding in France 3 years ago, now enjoying the frission of chucking valuable bits of kit off the edge of slopes! Have just built a 2M. Boar from Art Hobby ( great kit ) but also fly Easyglider (brilliant ) Wildthing 60 & an old modified 100 S ( Ebay ).

Big Bear

severngoose

I am a new member devoted to slope flying in the Cotswolds around Stroud, still learning (do you ever stop ), started flat field gliding in France 3 years ago, now enjoying the frission of chucking valuable bits of kit off the edge of slopes! Have just built a 2M. Boar from Art Hobby ( great kit ) but also fly Easyglider (brilliant ) Wildthing 60 & an old modified 100 S ( Ebay ).

Welcome buddy!!!

Big Bear

All charged and ready to go even got the brollie just in case. i'll be up there about 2pm and my number is 07964001295 if anyone wants an update.

guy mckenzie

Just in case? It's chucking it down and has been for hours! Guy at 13.38! Weather spark says sunshine by 4pm though....

Big Bear

Just in case? It's chucking it down and has been for hours! Guy at 13.38!

Supposed to clear by 4 so may leave it an hour or so!!

GordonP

Hmm! It's a 50 minute journey for me, so might try again tomorrow. For what it's worth, it's raining here near Stow-on-the-Wold!

Big Bear

Wife works in Portishead and the sun is shining? Gonna tak a trip up there in the next hour

Big Bear

Holy moley......sun is shining and the lift is amazing here at Haresfield!!!

guy mckenzie

Lucky you. I often work early evening and couldn't make it. Were you flying the ridge? Looks good tomorrow...

Guy

Big Bear

Lucky you. I often work early evening and couldn't make it. Were you flying the ridge? Looks good tomorrow...

Guy

Really nice on the Ridge with some great lift but unfortunately the middle phases nose got bashed on landing :-(

Big Bear

I've completely demolished the nose of my middle phase!! It flew so well too!! Can anyone give me any tips on making a new nose section as I've never had this kind of incident before ;-(