Hello am new

dodger

Hello, I am not only new to your forum but also new to this sport, I hope that this doesnt put you guys off letting me join here (have just been banned from another forum cos I couldnt contribute enough to RC forums and posted too much on non RC whilst only trying to settle in and get to know people and learn -so my confidence has been bashed a bit )

Please bare with me, I am slowly learning more about this sport and am eager to buy and fly my own and I am at the moment saving hard to buy my equipment.

Oh I am also a girl, but please dont let that put you off me- just want to learn to fly planes, bit of banter and chat and get to know peeps in the sport- nothing else.

Hi Dodger, I'm a nerd and I don't know how to talk to girls. Drives my wife insane. There are plenty of blokes here that will surely love to teach you how to slope. And we've got a couple of areas for non RC banter too in the General discussion bit, 'Dear Diary' for one. Looking forward to your input and hopefully we don't scare you off too quickly. Hope to see you flying soon. Clayt.

Thank you skip am currently learning about servos ,TX's rx's and how it all works aided by some fantastic peeps I have met recently so am slowly getting there and WILL contribute to RC as I learn more, you wont scare me off as long as you guys dont mind me asking questions when I get stuck. Hopefully when I have saved up and learnt you will see me on the slopes

I dont know how to talk to men either lol, but tend to treat everyone as equal and talk the same to each. Am not knowledgeable in thermals etc etc but having seen a lot vids posted I do love all the aspects of both gliding and other disciplines but am defo going the elecy route and not IC at the mo and want to try my hand at gliding and acrobatics

Uhhhhhhhhhh ,

What are you doing away from the Kitchen ???

hahaahhahahaahah , only kidding (banter).

Welcome to Barcs , and good luck learning to fly , its not so difficult ,

but listen to your instructor ,

and try not to run before you can walk .

Bob

Warm welcome to the forum Dodger :clap: .

Where abouts are you located ?

As far as i'm aware we have just one other lady member, Lundylinda......... nice lady :cool: .

Stu.

lol hello Bob, trust me you dont want me anywhere NEAR the kitchen lol unless you have a good stack of fire extinguishers and have any tummy problems requiring charcoal! :P

Am endeavouring to walk but suffer from that female genetic problem of lack of patience lol.

Heh Gromit, I am over in cheshire- south of manchester

Thank you for your welcome :)

Hi Dodger,

Welcome to BARCS - I think you contributed to my shamelessly sexist "Slope Babes" posting on the other forum in good humour so I'm sure you'll be made very welcome here. The "other place" has caused many people to de-camp to BARCS and it's a much nicer place IMHO.

I like your avatar more than the one you had there (was it a WW2 Soldier?). Anyway it confused me, but I am easily confused. Iused to live in Cheshire as a lad, but I've lived here in sunny Kent for many years now...

Simon

Women?! Be Scots and Scousers next.*

Welcomw aboard. Ask, joke, enjoy. Don't take anything too seriously and remember SLOPE is an acronym for smashed, pulverised or lost eventually.

* I am 1/4 of the of the Jockish persuasion and was born on Merseyside. And Everton before you ask.

Edit: Think very carefully before asking forumites to 'bare with you'.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum, if your in Cheshire then you can go sloping in the Peak District or North Wales, (when you get bored of the electrickery :D )

Tom

Oh I am also a girl, but please dont let that put you off me- just want to learn to fly planes, bit of banter and chat and get to know peeps in the sport- nothing else.

Hi - glad to see you here... and welcome....:) Great to have another girl on board:)

Thank you for all of the welcomes :)

Hi Dodger,

Welcome to BARCS - I think you contributed to my shamelessly sexist "Slope Babes" posting on the other forum in good humour so I'm sure you'll be made very welcome here. The "other place" has caused many people to de-camp to BARCS and it's a much nicer place IMHO.

I like your avatar more than the one you had there (was it a WW2 Soldier?). Anyway it confused me, but I am easily confused. Iused to live in Cheshire as a lad, but I've lived here in sunny Kent for many years now...

Simon

yes i did contribute lol, I have a good sense of humour and dont mind banter so no need for being PC- Piccy was of my grandad, a paratrooper in WW2 that I used then cos was his birthday that week. :) Other place has rules that can be broken by some, not by others and if you are a new person starting out you dont fit in. Was too " nice" on it lol.

Woodstock- Dodge is short for Jammydodger- the biscuit, which my friends say is me cos am they say I act hard on the outside but am all soft and gooey inside as well as soft and gooey when dunked hehe :D

Mr Ed- am part scott too lol and a red head and a scorpio and a female, shame about you supporting Everton but someone has to eh :P Point taken on the baring hehe, too cold anyway :rollyeyes:

Rooster am not far from NW so at some point, yes indeedy :)

JG hello to you too and ty for your welcome.

Lynda, well hellooo and good to be here, thank you

Phew, cuppa time now- all that typing tiring hehe but cheers again guys for the welcome

As far as i'm aware we have just one other lady member, Lundylinda......... nice lady :cool: .

Stu.

Was that a 'cool' smiley Gromit.:) :clap: More cheesecake next year ! lol :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Scott Ravenscroft

Hi dont worry about being banned from other forums, im banned from most.........The slopes at Leek Staffordshire are good and not to far from u.

Scott r

Hi dont worry about being banned from other forums, im banned from most.........The slopes at Leek Staffordshire are good and not to far from u.

Scott r

Ah only the one forum and to be honest am glad as on reflection they were most definitely not for me- still not heard who won the raffle and being as I was the only one paid and entered it, that has to be me that wins right, oh well lol! Am hoping to go to the great orme over the next month flying with some friends. I dont yet have my own plane however (and am really excited at this! :party: :party: ) I have ordered my radio, a specky dx6i and have been flying using a friends plane over on some fields near to where I live.

First time I flew 2 planes and I did ok however the trees jumped up and hid the first plane(thats my excuse and am sticking to it hehe), the second plane decided to land hard in a field a good walk away :P both were in a few pieces but as made of depron (that spelt right?) Simon my friend fixed them and they look good as new oops lol. Realised since though that I was accidently pushing the throttle rather than the elevator -damn those trees :P

Flew on Saturday though and both planes came back in one piece, did loads of figures of 8's and practising turning (get a little disorientated when coming towards me but working on it lol) ...gotta say though, the bug has bit and I love it!! Cant wait to to do more and more! :) :)

Erm…. Throttle?

Broad church and all that… but throttle?

Pfftt ok, am new to this hobby, gimmie a break :D lol!! the "power", cant be throttle cos is electric right and doesnt have a carburettor, yeah yeah i know doh! lol Was going off what the instruction booklet called it as I dunno what its called lol (being a girl, I read the instructions :P )

• Like 1