Hello am new

dodger

dodger, on 24 September 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

(being a girl, I read the instructions :P )

I bet you were multitasking at the same time too :D

The perfect woman ;)

Pfftt ok, am new to this hobby, gimmie a break :D lol!! the "power", cant be throttle cos is electric right and doesnt have a carburettor, yeah yeah i know doh! lol Was going off what the instruction booklet called it as I dunno what its called lol (being a girl, I read the instructions :P )

Not raising my eyebrows at the word throttle so much as the presence of a propellor.

Ignore me. I'm a glider weirdie…

Yeah it has that (erm I think lol) but we turn the power off in flight when it is high enough and I love the way it glides and soars so gracefully - so ner lol, am getting best of both worlds whilst I learn. Great orme hopefully in the next few weeks so can have a go at gliding with other varieties

Been like xmas today- my Dx6i arrived in the post woooot!!! Plane next lol...when finances allow. But my really good friend Simon is building me a brill one for me to practice with.... just gotta give it beacons for when I crash it so can find it easier :D (someone keeps moving the trees, damn you!)

snapback.pngdodger, on 24 September 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

(being a girl, I read the instructions :P )

I bet you were multitasking at the same time too :D

ermmmmm hehe not good at multitasking, contrary to popular belief not all women are haha- although I was fiddling with the buttons and the knobbly bits whilst reading them haha :eek: :p

Flew on Saturday though and both planes came back in one piece, did loads of figures of 8's and practising turning (get a little disorientated when coming towards me but working on it lol)

Push the stick towards the wing that you want to raise. That is, if you want the left wing to rise, push the stick left. This works whether the plane is flying towards you or away.

Push the stick towards the wing that you want to raise. That is, if you want the left wing to rise, push the stick left. This works whether the plane is flying towards you or away.

Really? If its flying away and you want the left wing to rise you push the stick right- well on my planes at least.

The best thing I found was to constantly alter course a bit so you were either tightening or reversing your course. It is only when the stick is at neutral and you've changed orientation that you find yourself thinking 'which way?" if you keep smooth turns going it takes that out of the equation.

• Like 1

Really? If its flying away and you want the left wing to rise you push the stick right- well on my planes at least.

The best thing I found was to constantly alter course a bit so you were either tightening or reversing your course. It is only when the stick is at neutral and you've changed orientation that you find yourself thinking 'which way?" if you keep smooth turns going it takes that out of the equation.

I've always found that imagining I'm floating in the air behind the glider helps me push the sticks in the right direction ... :cool:

The only problem is if I do that pretty soon is start doing strafing runs and making machine gun noises, only to turn round and see a bunch of walkers looking at the strange man on the hillside.

The only problem is if I do that pretty soon is start doing strafing runs and making machine gun noises, only to turn round and see a bunch of walkers looking at the strange man on the hillside.

Recently 3 of us were flying on edge hill with the normal banter / verbal exchanges going on. Unknown to us, 15 to 20 ramblers had very quietly sat down behind us in two neat little rows. Gave us all a bit of a shock when we noticed them after about 5 minutes. Gawd knows what we'd been saying to each other up to that point. :eek:

No, not really. Ignore me. My brain is frequently disengaged.

When you are an experienced flyer, you just don't think about it at all. You just move the sticks to tell the plane what to do.

Sometimes when stooging in, slowly to land on crow, you have time to 'think'. Best not to, cos you can quickly get confused.

HAHA have chuckled at some of these posts- I would be the same MR ED

Thank you guys for all your help, I have actually found that if I dont think about it too much I do better- left or right has always been a problem for me on the ground let alone in the air :D IT is more a case of perspective than anything else. We fly in a field where you can see Manchster airports flights taking off and well, I keep thinking the plane I am flying is going to collide with the planes taking off lol- despite my friend Simon (who is so patient with me!) telling me I am 1000's of miles away lol.

When the plane comes towards me I struggle seeing its direction but am getting better- no crashes this time round and me figure of 8's seem to be nice and even if a bit tight on the ole curves sometimes :rollyeyes:

Must admit that I prefer when the engine is off to being on, so trying out gliding in the next few weeks am really excited!

Hi dodger.

Welcome to BARCS.

I'm quite new to the forum myself.

There's loads of helpful people her That will can give you advise.

Take a look at the for sale and wanted section, you may find a cheap sloper to start you of.

If not put up a wanted thread up.

Like Scott said north Wales is not far away and the Great Orme at Llandudon is a fantastic place to fly, with amazing lift.

All the best in your new hobby.

Happy landings.

Les

• Like 1

Hi Les and welcome to you too,

I am planning on a trip to the Great Orme over the next couple of weeks, weather permitting to have a go at gliding. Have just ordered my first plane ( not a glider I know lol) a multiplex funcub and my friend Simon, who lets me crash fly his planes hehe, is making me a glider style plane ( I dont know the name as he makes them to his own design) so am just raring to go!!

thank you for all your welcomes, has been an iffy couple of months and its nice to have such nice peeps saying nice things. erm whats the "hot" mean though next to the topic, am i in trouble?

Hi dodger

I don't know what the hot sign means.

There's a few of us going to the big rock tomorrow.managed to get the day of work.so with a strong south westerly forecast it should be a good day.

Hi dodger

I don't know what the hot sign means.

There's a few of us going to the big rock tomorrow.managed to get the day of work.so with a strong south westerly forecast it should be a good day.

Sorry Mate just got home cannot pull a sickie 1st day back off holidays , count me in next trip.

Hi Dodger enjoy your flying.!