UberCraft Raven build

Big Bear

Big bear, looks very nice :cool:

I see you've not used any x weave tape at all ?

When you say laminated i assume you mean lam film ?

What was the 3m di-noc vinyl like to apply ?

Stu.

Big bear, looks very nice :cool:

I see you've not used any x weave tape at all ?

When you say laminated i assume you mean lam film ?

What was the 3m di-noc vinyl like to apply ?

Stu.

Hi Stu

I've used x weave on the LE and tips and then lam film. The 3m actually went on easier than the Lam Film!

I sprayed some carpet adhesive spray on before Using lam film and the 3m and the adhesion is great. As I said any wrinkles in the 3m and a little gear from the hair dryer sorted that out.

Adam

Thanks Adam. Have you got a product name for the carpet adhesive you used please.

Stu.

It's called Stikatak superspray, I had it left over from putting some carpet tiles down in the office.

Adam

I've been hunting for 20 mins trying to find a local supplier of the di-noc carbon effect vinyl. Could you tell me where you got yours from please Adam.

Stu.

The only thing that detracts from a great finish is the aileron tape, maybe you should consider doing a silicon hinge (quick search tells me that they do make black silicone sealer)

Easy to criticise, sorry, it really does look great :clap:

It does look very pretty. Nice job. Option for the elevons may be to reverse the hinge and have the tape on the bottom, looks like the horns are top mounted so bottom hinged would increase their length as well. Probably all to late now though of you shaped the trailing edge.

Stu the stikatak stuf is nothing like 3M77 ..............and Mr Lambretta got some carbon look car film off tinernet hed probably be able to tell you where from

Thanks Andy, there does apear to be a number of similar products out there all claiming to be the best. I was impressed with the stuff Adam used on his JW. It went neatly round the corners, wrinkle & air bubble free too. I'l drop him a pm .

Stu

• 2 months later...