New Member seeks enlightenment

Robtarm

This is the sort of thing I use.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221147084144&globalID=EBAY-GB

You can get them in a range of colours and sizes.

Simply pull on over your normal cloths... And enjoy!

I have used the same kit playing in the snow with the kids. You can lie in a snow bank all day.. And stay warm!

Needless to say if out in the wind on the hill.. You are warm too!

This is the sort of thing I use.

http://pages.ebay.co...lobalID=EBAY-GB

You can get them in a range of colours and sizes.

Simply pull on over your normal cloths... And enjoy!

I have used the same kit playing in the snow with the kids. You can lie in a snow bank all day.. And stay warm!

Needless to say if out in the wind on the hill.. You are warm too!

Ermmm, a bit on the hi-viz side for me ; know of any that come in black ? B)

So, jew vant to schneak around unseen, ja?

Nein, I jus doner vant to look like midget armed bumble-bee, jawohl ? :drool:

• Like 1

Hey, Robotarm, isn't there an "o" missing from your username :) ?!

Actually, n

Dont worry Chris, dont think you've upset him..... 'He'l be back' ;)

Stu.

Thanks for the 'sloping lifestyle primer' Mr Ed. I think I am on the way already;

Fortunately, I used to play with boats, though my stuff is more 'coastal cruising' than 'offshore racing'.

Shed built about a month ago. Wing shelves and 'attic' storage planned but not completed, scheduled for after the insulation.

Went 2.4 when i restarted power rc aircraft a couple (can't possibly be 3 or 4 already?) of years ago. But I am already thinking that I need to upgrade the tx to something with more sophisticated glider programming ability. Any thoughts on the Futaba 8FG?

I like the consistent colour scheme approach (though my wife is sufficiently disinterested in the models that it might not be necessary (especiallly if I keep them in the shed).

Don't have a dog.

Have got a collapsible primus stove and a selection of thermos flasks. Plus handwarmers.

Noting wrong with the Futaba.

Loads of glider guys love the multiplex radios.

Me... I am a frsky 9x fanatic, running open9x. - possibly the most advanced glider system around!

But unless you also want to take up electronics as a hobby... Maybe best to wait for the new frsky radios if you are interests in open9x. (Check 9xforums.com if you want to get really confused/addicted)

Rob

Dont worry Chris, dont think you've upset him..... 'He'l be back' ;)

Stu.

Yeah, but I'm perpetually gooooooooing tooooooo feel the need tooooo supply him with extra "o (oooooo)"'s :unsure:
  • Like 1

Welcome Rob,

"Old farts"

I took up flying model gliders as I was getting too old to maintain my competative levels at motorcycle sport, and needed something that wouldn't keep making me so conscious of my impending demise.

Then it went all competitive, but for a while all seemed ok as young guns couldn't afford the gear needed. :)

But now the young guns are a bit bigger, more settled in their lives and spending, :angry: whilst I am still growing more and more decrepit. :wacko:

I need a new sport..... This is becoming a young mans game. 25 - 26 sec runs out in Tiawan is faster than my gear works these days..

I wish there was an 'I hate this button', you have really cheered me up. I was 65 last week, one foot away from the grave..

Guy

• 3 weeks later...

And now a request for technical enlightenment...

Futaba T8FG radio.

Does anyone know what DG1 and DG2 do? They can be set to switches on Function screen 4/4, but neither the manual nor the supplementary notes seem to indicate what the purpose of these two functions are.

Bought a new radio to go with the first moulded glider. Lots of switches and functionality to get my head around.

• Administrators

And now a request for technical enlightenment...

Futaba T8FG radio.

Does anyone know what DG1 and DG2 do? They can be set to switches on Function screen 4/4, but neither the manual nor the supplementary notes seem to indicate what the purpose of these two functions are.

Bought a new radio to go with the first moulded glider. Lots of switches and functionality to get my head around.

You might be better posting this in the RC Equipment forum under a new heading to help get more response.