Gadgets to aid soaring pilots...

simon_t

Oi, pig face, obviously you have not seen the Shimano range of womens night wear. I called them John L's because it sounded better than pure Japanese silk jimjams.

I tried the womens tights but they are not convenient for the convenience, so changed to stockings. Then you need a belt to suspend them from.

Is there a any good brand of thermal thong you like ?

So good to be properly addressed!

You're right, I know little of women's nightwear. Personally, I sport thoroughly masculine long johns from Patra: http://www.patra.com/productlist.asp?CatID=38&BCat=2,38&rootcatid=2. Very comfortable, light, and keep me warm in subzero temperatures on the Bwlch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The 18MZ has a cool feature where you can set a preset for surface distance from the TX, if I could afford one I'd set it to 50M ;)

attachicon.gif18MZ Telemetry.JPG

Oh no, we'll have to get the rules book out.  Isn't it all getting very clever :o

Rob Thomson

The 18MZ has a cool feature where you can set a preset for surface distance from the TX, if I could afford one I'd set it to 50M ;)

You can do this with the Taranis

Rob Thomson

Why not just get a couple of mates to stand 50m from you and press a buzzer when you get there...

…oh, wait.

:blush:

What... no mates?

:p

None capable of being trusted with a buzzer. They'd just use them to create chaos in a variety of hillside scenarios to the sound of that tune from the Benny Hill show.

We're still not allowed back in Next.

• 4 months later...

Interesting thread. Gyros and going to become common place - heck they already are in small Bind n Fly models. But I'm uncomfortable about their use in F3F for all the reasons mentioned, at least with the current state of knowledge and development. More experiment needed IMO.

As Tom said pointed out earlier, F1 has banned certain driving aids and it hasn't held the sport back - on the contrary, it makes for more exciting, skillful racing and makes it lowers the entry bar for new teams. Policing a ban on gyros has been mentioned as a possible issue, but there's a strong trust ethic in F3F and IMO for local events at least a simple declaration by each pilot at the start of the season should be sufficient.

• Like 1

Thanks for refreshing this thread Mike.  Worth a read again from the start as some of the current debate was also going on then.

Simon

Just a thought, if you have your TX/RX set up for a 'safety position' or to keep the last servo position and you lose contact there are a wide variety of things that could happen i.e. a F3j at 1500feet could fly a fair distance?  or a ballasted F3F kept circling near the watching crowd till it was swept back by the wind?  Scary stuff!  Would you still want a stabiliser in those conditions?

Tilman Baumann

It's not a autopilot lest a missile guidance system.

Whack in some Crow in your failsafe if you are concerned. Or cross controls if you want to crash it right away.

Not a lot different than without I would say.

It's just like a well balanced plane in smooth air.