Sign in to follow this  
Ian F3F

Southern F3F Winter league round 1

Les

Paul

I thought the mince pies were top notch.

Next time we will have m&s fine dinning for 20.

All silver service of course.

That will show them lot.

Gromit

Willows were out in force on Sunday & performed extremely well, very impressed with how well they flew in the light conditions B) ..I already knew how well they fly in good conditions.

Phil & Portland BILL Bob ;)

Stu.

Les

Willows were out in force on Sunday & performed extremely well, very impressed with how well they flew in the light conditions B) ..I already knew how well they fly in good conditions.

Phil & Portland BILL Bob ;)

Stu.

I might get one of them after Christmas as a second plane.

Seen quite a few fly and I think there a good budget plane.

Gromit

It was great to see how obviously delighted Ian Mason was, on seeing so many of them being chosen & entered as 'model of choice' to race with,.He had a smile like a 'Cheshire Cat' all day long, and rightly so too :) .

Congrats Ian on developing the Willow, marketing / making a competitive F3f racing machine at a fantastic price.

As was evident on Sunday theres a lot of guys out there who have been wanting/ waiting for such a model to be made available.

Quality of the Willow is very good, i was so impressed that i put my order in with Ian on the day.

I'm sure the F3f comp scene in the UK & elsewhere will benefit from your dedication to the Willow project :thumbsup:

Well done Ian ............... He's British too :)

Stu.

isoaritfirst

"Come on children,

He's a lovely fella,

and he's British you know.."

• Like 1

Andy_B

if they concentrated more on flying than eating theyd have got more than 4 rounds in .......................... :o .....LOL

• Like 1

Gromit

Couldn't resist stopping off at Stonehenge for a few mins on the way to the comp. -2 0c misty & the sun was just starting to come up B)

Pics don't do it justice really, there was a distinct earie feeling about the place B)

Be a great subject for some FPV footage Adam.

Stu.

• Like 1

Bobbyr

To be Fair

I was surprised we did any rounds, I've never really thrown a plane off in that light of conditions,

Normally wouldn't have if I had not seen the Slopejunkies chuck off theirs and not just fall out of the

Sky. However, and this is the shocking bit , the racing was slow but with its own difficultys, like not

Just having to land out, 3 of my landings I struggled to get any height to go round the top of the hill.

So really pants wind, but an enjoyable race.

Glad your joining the Willow Appreciation National kinsmen Stu,

Or W. A . N oh I think you get the idea haha.

Bob

Les

Couldn't resist stopping off at Stonehenge for a few mins on the way to the comp. -2 0c misty & the sun was just starting to come up B)

Pics don't do it justice really, there was a distinct earie feeling about the place B)

Be a great subject for some FPV footage Adam.

Stu.

SPOOKY

Pete Burgess

He's British too :)

and he's British you know.."

Crikey, it sounds like Dave Bishop has invaded the hills :o

• Like 1

Gromit

Jack Cubbits willow rounding Base A, & gorgeous blue skies over the Wiltshire countryside B)

Stu.

Andy_B

you should take note of the photo Stu ..................going round base A not just short of it ....!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Les

Just the one picture Stu.

This was when we first got there.

isoaritfirst

Ian,

I have just copied and pasted the results from this event onto the Calendars CD page.

But with 3 rounds flown are you counting it as a comp, and therefore including the numbers in the final league positions?

( Jon didn't with the HOH event)

Personally I thing 3 rounds is ok for a winter comp..

Sloper

We were unable to count the HOH 3 rounder as we are using FAI rules for our winter league

Ian F3F

the southern league counted. It's not a BMFA event so we decided yes 4 rounds, 1 discard counted. but 3 rounds would be OK too.

It's up to each CD for the leagues

Ian

mark_r

Ian,

Mike, the other problem we had is that the conditions were not legal throughout, and the times showed huge variations. It would be good to standardise across comps though if they end up counting towards the final - should give a fairer result overall.

isoaritfirst

A fair result is what we aim for.

Sticking hard to rules may end up with no result.

At the Mynd the wind speed was below 3m/s for a fair chunk of the day - but we decided that we were there the air was flyable and consitant so - no complaints - CD's discretion - just fly..

I didn't have to call any flights they all seemed to be run in pretty even conditions and no one complained. The result seemed a fair representation of the day.

All easier to do though with the first event of a season than the last.

Phil.Taylor

The Southern race had a big "lull" arrive, just as my first flight was about to launch - it lasted for long enough to get the bacon butties lunch in - then the wind picked up again - all very civilised

Phil.

with a windmeter