North/South Down Slopers

Rob Thomson

I have never flown Harting down... how do you get there?

Looks close to butser?

What sort of slope we dealing with?

Rob

Harting Down is excellent, short walk from the car park and suggest you fly from this spot http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=479817&y=118515&z=120&sv=479817,118515&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=572&ax=479817&ay=118515&lm=0

Just need to watch out for full size gliders running the ridge, lift is usually really smooth and landing site will be a doddle probably compared to Colley.

Straight run down the A3 from Guildford - prob take you 30 mins.

Jon

• Like 1

I will probably head there straight after school run. So in theory I should be there by 10ish!

Will be a good opportunity to fly the rocket :)

Now... What is the landing zone like? Do I bother to take the 3.?? metre starlight 3000?

Scuppered!

Just discovered I have a 09:15 appointment on Wednesday.

Guess I will only be able to get down closer to 11!

You still going to be around then Alex?

If not.. I may just shift the whole trip to Thursday.

Rob

No idea!

But not really all about height. :)

Reviews on slopehunter are that it is good. Yesterday Gary (slopehunter) said it it a great site - so can only assume it is :)

Let me know if you plan to go. Thursday is looking like a better option for me now.

According to the forecast we need somewhere that takes a north wind with a bit of west in it.

obvious choice is devils dyke but i wont go there as it will be full of hang gliders

perhaps firle beacon will be good especially the upper bowl to the lert of the car park, the hang gliders tend to stay close to the cars at firle. Anybody got any other suggestions?

Gonesoaring2003

Harting Down is excellent in a nnw, unfortunately I can't do Thursday (going to pick a new plane up) but might try and get there Friday morning for an hour or 2, depending how westerly the wind swings. Prob just going to pop up to Watership Down tomorrow morning before work.

Alex