North/South Down Slopers

Rob Thomson

Gonesoaring2003

Yep ... You need to see a counsellor about that... Shame.

:oTHUD.......... disgracefull :angry:;)

Stu.

LOL it is a mouldie though and should be quite quick!

I have decided to go for Harting. Just a whole lot closer for me :)

I should be there by 11.00. Going to maiden the rocket - so hopefully a suitable photographer will turn up.

Rob

Right.... I will be at Harting a little later than planned. Closer to 11.00. Taking longer to get out the house that I thought!

Gonesoaring2003

Rob,

Sorry, I ran out of time so didn't get to Harting, hope you enjoyed yourself and the maidens went OK. May try and get there tomorrow AM

Alex

Love the slope - it is certain to become a regular! I would say it rivals many of the south (east) downs slopes. Also flew my "new" Starlight 3000. Now that really gave me a grin. Best purchase in a very long time!

Love the slope - it is certain to become a regular! I would say it rivals many of the south (east) downs slopes. Also flew my "new" Starlight 3000. Now that really gave me a grin. Best purchase in a very long time!

Pleased you enjoyed Harting Down Rob and congrats on your maidens. I only discovered Harting a couple of years ago and I think it's one of the best sites in our 'neck of the woods'. Just wish we had more reliable {and warm} Northerly winds. Picturesque countryside too.

Glad you enjoyed Harting Rob, its a great slope isn't it .Sadly i'm a prisoner in my own home at the moment :angry:  so wasn't able to join you.

I'd like to take this oportunity though to give anyone thinking of flying at Harting down a word of caution. The entire length of the Downs is used by a local Full Size gilider club. They use it 7 days a week when the Northerlies are running. Always keep an eye out for them as they very often fly through very low, ie below the horizon. If theres a few of you it makes it easier to look out for them.

I've flown there for more than 25 yrs & never heard of an incident, but there's always a first  :(

Look forward to meeting up with you the're Rob sometime soon B)

Stu

• 1 month later...

I am considering a session tomorrow at Butser. Anyone else going? Or will I just be Norman no Mates :-) Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2