Wales Winter League 2012/2013

jwest532

I've just read Aj's report & results from Sundays comp and have been pleasantly surprised B) .

I see i came 9th overall & took 3rd place in round 4 flying my Furio B)

I was forced to switch to flying my Furio after i got caught out by the rotor when i was forced to perform a fly through when i had already commited myself to a landing with my Skorpion in rd 2. A group of bikers cut straight across in front of my aproach. If i hadn't flown through there may have been an accident. Just as i thought i was going to get away with it my Skorp was flipped over onto its back by the rotor near the lip of the ridge. I was only about 6 foot off the ground when this happened so thankfully the damage done isn't too bad really. I should be able to get it ready for my nxt comp ok.

I think AJ was pleased to see ny Furio perform so well on Sunday, as he & Kev newton & Vic spent a night kindly repairing one of its very badly damaged wings during the Lundy Slopefest of 2010. Thanks again for offering to do that Aj :thumbsup:

Stu.

• Like 1

Downloadable results sheet is now available from the CD page.

Mike, A step in the right direction but the first page only shows rounds 1 to 4, what happened to 5 and 6?

Mike, A step in the right direction but the first page only shows rounds 1 to 4, what happened to 5 and 6?

Same as the previous one I linked to Pete.

Link is to Google docs storage space and initially only shows you a snap shot of the document, to make it active down load it then open up the download.

You will then be able to flick through all the rounds and also look at the different pages, accessed by the tabs along the bottom left of the document.

You can even try adjusting your times to see how those lost seconds cost you places etc.

My cut in the first round made no difference to my position at all ....quite interesting really .....and Gromit beating me in R4 didnt alter anything either ( :angry: ) .......................... :)

3 reasons why I'm still smiling:

1) I won :) I've chosen to ignore that it was only by a knats c**k

2) So many keen "new faces"

3) Garry Harrison handing me the most exquisitely machined bling bling magnet holder - seriously Greg, you won't be able to show your face on the slope without one :)

I'd already heard about your blingtastic wand Joel - why do you think I didn't dare to show my face :-)

Congrats on the win dude, hopefully I'll be able to join you next time - been working overseas of late.

Cheers

Greg

I'd already heard about your blingtastic wand Joel - why do you think I didn't dare to show my face :-)

Congrats on the win dude, hopefully I'll be able to join you next time - been working overseas of late.

Cheers

Greg

What have you been doing in the Isle of Wight :D :D :D :D :D Would be great to see you on the hills sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

From Andrzej

Hi All

This Sunday 16th December is scheduled for the second round of the South Wales F3F Winter League 2012-13.

Like previous competitions we would prefer pre-entry for the event to help sort out the flying order to aid a quick start on the morning. However, it is not mandatory and we will accept entries on the morning, just be prepared to be one of the first to fly if you take this option.

Therefore, can I please have your name, two frequencies and models by 10 pm on Friday 14th December.

We will meet at the "T" Junction for 09:30 with a view to getting the competition started as soon as possible.

Last round in progress will be an hour before sunset but will be confirmed at the pilots briefing.

Finally, as usual we will make a weather call on the Friday night before the competition.

Anyway I hope to see you all Sunday and all the best

Andrzej