Wales Winter League 2012/2013

jwest532

Hi guys

This forum thread didn't seem complete without some reference to the Wales winter league, so I thought I would start the thread and post AJ's emails to keep us all updated.

For those that aren't in the know, the Welsh hills give, in my opinion, some of the best flying to be had in Europe and although the height of them makes the weather a bit fickle, when the conditions are good the comps are awesome.

First event is this coming Sunday (18th November). I will update the calander to reflect all the others when I have 10 minutes.

Joel

Hi All

This Sunday 18th November is scheduled for the first round of the South Wales F3F Winter League 2012-13.

Like previous competitions we would prefer pre-entry for the event to help sort out the flying order to aid a quick start on the morning. However, it is not mandatory and we will accept entries on the morning, just be prepared to be one of the first to fly if you take this option.

Therefore, can I please have your name, two frequencies and models by 10 pm on Friday 16th November.

We will meet at the "T" Junction for 09:30 with a view to getting the competition started as soon as possible.

Last round in progress will be an hour before sunset but will be confirmed at the pilots briefing.

Finally, as usual we will make a weather call on the Friday night before the competition.

Anyway I hope to see you all Sunday and all the best

Andrzej

Hi Alex,

Be great if you can make it to Wales, you certainly won't be disappointed.

AJ's email: s.tabero@ntlworld.com

You can drop him a note it helps with organising the flying order and give an idea on numbers, but you can just turn up.

Martin

All the welsh league dates are now in the new F3f contest calendar but also in the main event F3F calendar to make sure they are viewed by all users of the forum along with AJ's contact details.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Click on the RSVP option on the add event feature.

This will add a section that will allow easy entry directly to the CD's page.

Mike

Top of the forum has tabs

Forum

Members and

Calendar

Just under the BARCS Community title.

The calendar page opens and reveals either the community calendar - currently unused - and the tabbed F3f events calendar.

Now changed (thanks Austin) Community calendar is disabled so tab defaults straight to the events one.

Alternatively it can be accessed by clicking in the " Upcoming Events" box top right of Forum main page. here you will need to click on an event, but it opens the full calendar month view, where you can click on any text.

Try clicking on the Midland event nov 10th for how I see this working - both as a calendar and an archive.

Currently Martin (who entered up the Welsh event) hasn't activated the RSVP button - which makes entering the comps a breeze, by putting a respond box onto the events (CD) page.

Hopefully Andrzej will work it through later when he is back home.

System is still new so bear with it , see also the competition Data base thread.

Top of the forum has tabs

Forum

Members and

Calendar

Just under the BARCS Community title.

The calendar page opens and reveals either the community calendar - currently unused - and the tabbed F3f events calendar.

Now changed (thanks Austin) Community calendar is disabled so tab defaults straight to the events one.

Alternatively it can be accessed by clicking in the " Upcoming Events" box top right of Forum main page. here you will need to click on an event, but it opens the full calendar month view, where you can click on any text.

Try clicking on the Midland event nov 10th for how I see this working - both as a calendar and an archive.

Currently Martin (who entered up the Welsh event) hasn't activated the RSVP button - which makes entering the comps a breeze, by putting a respond box onto the events (CD) page.

Hopefully Andrzej will work it through later when he is back home.

System is still new so bear with it , see also the competition Data base thread.

Now activated although remember AJ uses F3Fyahoo groups

Which is usually the best weather forecast site to be looking at for an idea of what it will be like for Sundays comp, XC ? but what do you enter as the location for the Bwlch ?

I'm travelling up with Alex in his Lotus........... shouldn't take us long ;)

Stu

ChrisInTheVale

BBC and met office site seem to be a bit at odds with XC's forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=meteo

(If your not familiar with the new met office format - type Treorchy in the Change Locatoon box and select timeline.)

Looking a bit more moderate than the XC one - but it has changed since this morning already (was 9mph all sunshine forecast this am). A couple of long awaited days booked off work to practise at the Bwlch and its 3-5mph South easterly - misty, foggy. Typical :angry:

Still this is Britain - a lot can happen to a forecast in 3-4 days :)

Dont forget the NantyMoel web cam - the "previous hours vid" wasn't working today for some reason - but I do use the "Current image" to see how bad the clag is before I leave for the 50 min drive up - not so useful for comp days of course when people commit to travelling longer distances...

http://www.nantymoel.co.uk/wxwebcam.php

Will be good to catch up Stu. Hoping to be there if the rain forecast changes!

Yep, be good to see you too :thumbsup: . Just bring your sports brolly along in case Dave.

Stu.

Hi All

The conditions are looking good for either Mickey's or the Back of the Wrecker for Sunday so the competition is on.

The names I have to date are below , Andy and Chris can you please let me know if you are on 2.4 Ghz or 35 Mhz and if so can you let me know your preferred frequencies.

See you all Sunday morning and all the best

Andrzej

1 Paul Stubley 2.4 GHz Tragi, Skorpion

2 Martin Newnham 2.4 GHz Freestyler, Fosa

3 Mick Walsh 2.4 Ghz Alliaj, Needle 124

4 Mike Evans 2.4 Ghz Alliaj, Freestyer

5 Martin Drewett 2.4 Ghz Skorpion, Fosa

6 Joel West 2.4 GHz Freestyler, Fosa

7 Mick Walsh 2.4 Ghz Alliaj, Ceres

8 Stuart Wallace 74 Furio

9 Alex Hamilton 2.4 GHz Willow, Acacia 2

10 Andy Burgoyne Kyril