Wales Winter League 2012/2013

jwest532

Right, Robert's on the table...

t'was very good Pete, I was surprised that Joel won, not surprised that I didn't.

Flew well - but not great.

Ooh that was tight at the top!

Joel by 2.69m over 5000m from Martin with Mike only about 32m behind that.

Sounds good!

That's one way of looking at it, but it may well have been 500m behind him, still means the same result :)

• Like 1

It was a good day, although Joel and I weren't sure we would make it after issues with my car, which lead to us turning for home when we were almost to Newbury on the M4. Lucky the wind didn't arrive until midday.

It was great to see so many new faces on the slope, everyone looked like they really enjoyed themselves.

Big thanks to AJ for running the comp, well done Joel, the sleep deprivation isn't affecting your flying :)

Anyone who got a PB especially those who were competing for the first time in an F3F competition should get there name on the PB list for record and hopefully updating as you get faster.

Maybe we could move the PB list to this section for ease of locating?

Thanks for an enjoyable day

Martin

I'd just like to take this oportunity to thank each and everyone of you that attended the Welsh F3f comp yesterday, for making the day so incredibly enjoyable for me.

Last week my Wife and were subjected to the most disgracefull behaviour and harrasment by the developers who are re developing the plot of land ajoining our property. It was a truly traumatic experience for my Wife Gill and I. Because of this it looked really doubtfull that i'd be able to attend the comp.

I am so glad that in the end i was able to attend. Thanks again everyone for making the whole day so incredibly enjoyable for me. This even includes 'Those Nasty Midlanders' :D ..

On wendsday of last week i recieved a huge box from that 'very nice man' Ian Mason. I have still not had the oportunity to open it to discover whats inside it. I hope to do so later this afternoon. I'l hopefully be able to let you know & show you pics of this big box later today............... this is developers dependant though :angry: .

I've got lots of pics to share & tales to tell from yesterdays comp which i hope to do this evening.

My thanks again guys go to you all :thumbsup: .

An extra special thanks goes to Alex ( Gonesoaring) for doing all the driving ystdy, cheers mate, much appreciated. I wouldn't have been able to attend the comp ystdy but for this :thumbsup: .

Stu.

Look forward in seeing the pics Stu.

And it was good to meet you and Alex.

Had a great day.

And looking forward in coming down to White Sheet sometime very soon.

That's one way of looking at it, but it may well have been 500m behind him, still means the same result :)

3 reasons why I'm still smiling:

1) I won :) I've chosen to ignore that it was only by a knats c**k

2) So many keen "new faces"

3) Garry Harrison handing me the most exquisitely machined bling bling magnet holder - seriously Greg, you won't be able to show your face on the slope without one :)

3) Garry Harrison handing me the most exquisitely machined bling bling magnet holder - seriously Greg, you won't be able to show your face on the slope without one :)

...Droolllllll....................... :drool:

Even Stefan hasnt got one .................

Gonesoaring2003

Garry Harrison handing me the most exquisitely machined bling bling magnet holder - seriously Greg, you won't be able to show your face on the slope without one :)

Yep thank you for mine Gary, magnet fits perfectly! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks to AJ, Martin and Joel for running a great day, and good to meet new peeps and catch up with the rest of you!

Alex

Here's the view we were treated too when we arrived for the 9 oclock meet at the T junction. Blue skies, bright sunshine Total silence, a sharp frost, -2 0c & NO wind

Stu.

Here's the view we were treated too when we arrived for the 9 oclock meet at the T junction. Blue skies, bright sunshine Total silence, a sharp frost, -2 0c & NO wind

Stu.

-2 and poor Gromit hasn't got his hat, scarf and gloves on.

What are you doing to that poor dog Stu?

Watch out the RSPCA van come around.

• Like 3

Yeah that was the view we arrived to aswell ........................Stuart abusing his dog ................... :wacko:

I was quite traumatised and had to voice my thoughts to him ...... :o

• Like 3

Stu.

Totally Reckless, Nude dog at -2 not even a modesty collar ! :drool:

• Like 1

Base camp on the Back of The Wrecker

View from the Back of The Wrecker. On my one & only time the're before i couldn't see a thing coz of the low cloud, mist & rain .

Stu