Wales Winter League 2012/2013

jwest532

Sunny all day in Whitchurch I'm told! :rolleyes:

Is Gromit going to post his Photos of the days racing ?

So many great shots to chose from, i'm struggling to pic the best ;) LOL

Gromit made a new friend though B)

Stu.

been a while since ive been down there in conditions like today

This is my 3rd visit this year with these type of conditions...  Could have been playing tennis in the sunshine!

This is my 3rd visit this year with these type of conditions...  Could have been playing tennis in the sunshine!

Sounds like you have been unlucky Dave, I've been to every comp this year and this is the first not to run even though its been called on. 

Perhaps it was your fault for coming :D only joking.

It is frustrating but unfortunately it happens, with the wind at the strength it was it could have been a fantastic day.

Sounds like you have been unlucky Dave, I've been to every comp this year and this is the first not to run even though its been called on. 

Perhaps it was your fault for coming :D only joking.

It is frustrating but unfortunately it happens, with the wind at the strength it was it could have been a fantastic day.

1 comp and 2 midweek days off for some practice.  Its the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.  I'll be back for the wollyback :)

When Alex & i got to the Severn bridge ystdy on our way home the difference in weather was remarkable. The Welsh side of the River Severn was heavy cloud & dull, the England side was cloudless blue skies & sunshine. Not a gradual change though there was a distinct barrier/line that followed the length of the river  :huh:

Stu.

When Alex & i got to the Severn bridge ystdy on our way home the difference in weather was remarkable. The Welsh side of the River Severn was heavy cloud & dull, the England side was cloudless blue skies & sunshine. Not a gradual change though there was a distinct barrier/line that followed the length of the river  :huh:

Stu.

Surely that tells you something about Wales !  :P  :D

Surely that tells you something about Wales !  :P  :D

I'm saying nothing , i dont want to start up a 'Nasty Welshman' section on the Forum  ;)

Stu

I'm saying nothing , i dont want to start up a 'Nasty Welshman' section on the Forum  ;)

Stu

Over the years I've probably had a 70% success ratio of flying due to weather. 

I do remember once when the forecast was 100% rain yet I had a pass out and on arriving at the bwlch the Sun came out at around 10am, we flew all day until 5pm .  6 others as mad as me also got a pleasant surprise!!

• 1 month later...

A simple "yes"or" no" would have done the trick, :D  "bladdy southerners" ;)

looking like a good days practice on the bac of the wrecker,then a big walk round the crest on sunday!anyone doing a stopover?need a hand to maiden my caldera "r" ,range check etc