F3F Simulator

Richylad

Hi Ric

Thanks for that, I had not thought of it.

There is a Trainer function in the lower level menu and a spring loaded switch to activate it.  I have never had to use that for any other sim.

I tried all options but it made no difference.  Usually, the switch is held up on the spring to allow student to fly the model so then the teacher Tx would not output anything, which is the case.  I tested my Tx output on the trainer cable with a voltmeter on the contacts of the 3.5mm jack and this was maintained all the time at about 2.6v  varying a little as I waggled the sticks.  It never switched of as the sim program is telling me !!  :(

I'm stumped.  :huh:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20964__USB_Simulator_Cable_All_in_One.html

It does not say specifically it supports PicaSim, but I'm quite confident that PicaSim knows what to do with it.

Thanks Tilman.

Now I'm quite sure the problem lies inside my computer, rather than the link or from the Tx.  I'm not sure this item will actually cure the problem.  Unless it will provide communication with Picasim without any other interface program.

Thanks anyway.

Jerry, usually you activate trainer port in the teacher tx, while pupil just wait for it.

I know that e.g. Graupner MX16 or Spektrum tx switches on in student mode simply inserting the jack.

If you switch them on with the main power switch, they go in teacher mode. Don't know how Futaba works on this side.

At this point a way to check your controls stream could be building a simple voltage divider and use a software soundcard oscilloscope. I did it when I was testing autopilots controlled by PPM.

Description here

Ric

Tilman Baumann

Well the traditional sound card method is tricky.

Realtime requirements which modern OS don't meet and level conversion questions.

Those USB thingies do the whole wire protocol decoding in the box. Out comes a regular software interface. I don't remember but joystick commands I think.

FrSky can do USB joystick support natively. Since then I never touched those adapters. But the idea is that they just work.

For the money it's worth a shot I think.

FrSky can do USB joystick support natively. Since then I never touched those adapters. But the idea is that they just work.

For the money it's worth a shot I think.

Possibly so, but unfortunately it's not available in any of their warehouses :(

Thanks anyway Tilman

At this point a way to check your controls stream could be building a simple voltage divider and use a software soundcard oscilloscope. I did it when I was testing autopilots controlled by PPM.

Description here

Ric

Thanks Ric, but this is way beyond my knowledge, capabilities, equipment and willingness to spend the time. 

A multimeter is my limit!!  ;)

Maybe it's time to upgrade my transmitter.

Taranis* or Jeti**  ??

* because I have lots of FrSky receivers.

** because it is really good.

Jerry

Well, I got it sorted but we do not know for sure how.

Friend James came round with his Spektrum Tx, plugged it in and it worked straight away.  My T9C Futaba remained uncommunicative.

Then James remembered someone telling him to run a program called vJoy (which is bundled in with the SmartPropoPlus program) first.  Did that and bingo, communication was established.  :thumbsup:

Now I just have to sort the settings in Picasim.  :)

• 2 weeks later...