Sign in to follow this  
Stupot46

Thks2

Stupot46

Should've mentioned before - Screwfix do one (a bit cheaper IIRC) that's very similar. Once again, check that you can wash brushes in water.

Thanks Richard.I have a 250ml can of Diamond Hard,it's good stuff,water based.I was going to do a trial on a bit of scrap with some talc mixed in to see if it will fill.Thens there's colour to consider.The local dec.merchants will do me samples of acrylic shades,I may get one to play about with.

Shedofdread

Why fill? Why not a wood+colour trim finish (used to be very fashionable in the pre-mouldy era)? Just a thought...

Stupot46

Why fill? Why not a wood+colour trim finish (used to be very fashionable in the pre-mouldy era)? Just a thought...

That presumes I can keep the balsa in decent nick...........:(

Royski

How's it coming along Stuart  :)

Stupot46

Nothing much lately I'm sorry to say.I got talked into fitting a kitchen and various other jobs for a relative.Just about finished that and now some fool has run into my car and it's a write-off.No injuries,and he's admitted liability,but after 30yrs+of prangless driving not a very calming experience.Should have some more wheels by this time next week,hopefully things will settle back to normality .

Royski

Sorry to here about your car, it's not nice been the victim of someone else's stupidity.

Look forward to hearing more about your build when you are able to get the time to do more on it

Roy

Stupot46

Bit of an update.I cut away the top skin and foam at the hinge line,inserted a 10mm2 piece of balsa and cut out for bottom hinges.I'm going to do a silicon hinge,some syringes on order.I also need to source something to make wipers.

A bit of colour on the fuse,and some fairings at the tail/wing junction.At the 3rd attempt I made a usable canopy using the pop bottle method.I am heartily sick of ginger beer,but the tint looks good.:)

Stupot46

Managed to get the split fins operational.Shouldn't be too long now:)

Royski

:thumbsup:

If your maidening over Baildon way let me know as I would be interested to see how you get on and maybe offer a bit of moral support

Roy

isoaritfirst

Think it will have to flap a lot lot faster than that to be able to prop rudder hang... :D