South West Slopers

Lundylynda

I thought we should really have our own thread here. And to mention that Whitesheet are having their AGM this Saturday the 12th January at 4.0pm at the Red Lion ( bottom of the slope) Its an open meeting if anyone is interested in coming aong and perhaps thinking of joining.

Would be great to see you :)

• Like 1

Tone-the-glider

Hi lynda.

Would love to come, been thinking of joining.

But bad timing as comp on Sunday at Butser Hill.

Cheers

Hi lynda.

Would love to come, been thinking of joining.

But bad timing as comp on Sunday at Butser Hill.

Cheers

Great to here you are thinking of joining us:) You are more than welcome. Joining applications can be found on our website at www.whitesheet.org.uk . Its only £10 for the year which we believe is great value for such a wonderful flying site . Or drop by at the weekends and your sure to find a few  friendly members to chat too.

I look forward to seeing you.

Great idea Lynda  .... see you at the AGM too :thumbsup:     

Stu

Great Stu - will be great to catch up! Hopefully I will have my lost voice back by then too. Its been very quiet in my house lol :)

Sorry to hear about your voice Lynda. The most soothing thing i've found for a sore throat is Strepsils a nice home made Cheesecake ;)

Stu.

Sorry to hear about your voice Lynda. The most soothing thing i've found for a sore throat is Strepsils a nice home made Cheesecake ;)

Stu.

Lol:)

I will have to get Joe to make me one !

I am  currently practising working on the guinness one for Lundy , which, with alcohol :D , Im sure would help the cold and throat ;)

• Like 1

Great Stu - will be great to catch up! Hopefully I will have my lost voice back by then too. Its been very quiet in my house lol :)

Have you lost your voice because you've been shouting at Joe to make the cheesecake   :thumbsup:

Lol:)

I will have to get Joe to make me one !

I am  currently practising working on the guinness one for Lundy , which, with alcohol :D , Im sure would help the cold and throat ;)

Please feel free to bring 'samples' along on Saturday for us to try :)

Stu.

Have you lost your voice because you've been shouting at Joe to make the cheesecake   :thumbsup:

No no no no, yes............. lol . Hes been making me comfort food , like cauliflower cheese and salmon with home made white sauce..have him ...well trained John lol:) :D

As for samples on Sturday Stu ,,,,,well I think you might have to ask Joe lol ;)

There will be free food at the AGM  for members and a drink too.. we Southern'ers know how to treat our members lol:) :drool:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

As a means of raising funds for our much needed track repairs at Whitesheet we are planning to hold an F3f event on July 14th. We have tried to avoid a clash with any BMFA league comp dates but there is in fact a Scotish event on this date. I have this morning spoken to Martin Newnham who has told me that in view of the distances involved it wouldn't be a concern. However apologies to anyone who would like to attend both events.

The Whitesheet F3f comp will be open to all, experienced F3f pilots & any pilots wishing to experience an F3f comp for the first time. I shall post further details & how to enter  the planned Whitesheet F3f event this evening both here & on the F3f / F3b forum

We hope that our fund raising F3f event will be well supported  :thumbsup: 

Stu, Whitesheet comp sec.

Phil.Taylor

Stu - great idea - how about starting up a dedicated thread for it on the F3F board?

(its a bit hidden away here in the SW thread)

Phil.

Stu - great idea - how about starting up a dedicated thread for it on the F3F board?

(its a bit hidden away here in the SW thread)

Phil.

Never fear Phil, i will indeed be starting a dedicated thread for the Whitesheet F3f comp later today :thumbsup: .

Stu.

Entry details for the Whitesheet F3f fundraser can be found on the F3f / F3b board, please go there for the req info.

We look forward to your support for this event.

Stu :thumbsup:  

• 2 weeks later...
Lundylynda

Had a great day flying with some friends at Westbury Whitehorse today:) A thermic, sunny day with some moments of challenging light conditions together with a good North West breeze giving us an hour or so of combat fun!

I didn't embarrass myself too much in front of the likes of Martin Drewitt, Mark Wickham, Andy Meekin Pete Cubitt, Joe Cubitt, Tank, Mark Ward, Andrew, Phil Tolfree, Sluggie and Geoff Pearce. Only grazed  a fence once.

;)

Andy decided that mountain climbing is part of flying after all (with 3 trips down the slope), Phil did a few 'close shaves' resulting in Sluggie moving to safer ground.

Welcome to Andrew ! A new visitor to the slope. Great to meet you:)

With Joe and I moving  just 2 miles away from the slope car park this summer, we are hoping to be up and flying from the horse more often:)

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it was just like old times:) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone wishing to join us tommorrow for our Loops and Spots Competition on the Whitesheet Hill would be most welcome. 9am meet up ...Come and drop in and say hello :) Give Gromit a PM to let me know your coming . All insured fliers most welcome :)

Keep Calm..and Keep Flying ;)

:) 

• 3 months later...

Epic day on the Northerly Slope at Westbury today.  First time I've flown the Alliaj fully ballasted. The fastest I've seen it and that includes flying the Bwlch slopes

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it was about time for some "Benny & Geoff go sloping" posts in the SW Slopers  thread - Ben managed to prize himself away from babysitting duties for an afternoon's play, so the plan was to make the trek to Brean as the 200deg wind would be bang on. But approaching Weston the sky was turning black as the ace of spades, so we hit Sand Point instead, thinking we might manage a few minutes flying before the storm broke.

It was fantastic - only a brief pause to shelter from a shower, but otherwise the lift was smooth and strong (if slightly crossed). Particularly stoked as I plucked up courage to drop the Sunbird down the back of the point and pulled my first DS circuits : a real adrenaline stoke B)