The Eedo!

Rob Thomson

Right... Back to the Edo!

Side view of body.

The wing showing 4 servos.

The reflex.
More or less the bottom of the aileron/elevator is lined up with the top of the wing.

Balance point.  

Currently 8mm forward of the center spar, measured next to the body.

Control Throws
Elevator - Currently full elevator and aileron acting as elevator.  5mm either way.

Aileron - just the outer ones - 10mm either way.

Lots of tuning still to do.. but for now it is pretty close :-)

Rob

Hey Jerry,

I am still slightly confused why your one did not fit.

It is however much simpler if you use a tx that can better assign channel outputs.

Rob

Here's the inside of my Speedo, after I removed the servo from the tray I fitted and subsequently removed.

There is 4 layers of ply for the wingbolt anchor fitting.

IMG_2464s_zpsaf64ab05.jpg

Here is a poor picture with my Rx almost in place.

IMG_2465s_zpsd9dea278.jpg

Properly aligned, the Rx pins with leads would just go under the ply wing bolt anchor.

Maybe I'm a bit behind the times with my T9C but I'm sure I'm not the only one and it serves my needs well ........... mostly  ;)

How far to the front (towards the canopy) did your rx reach? Or rather... How much was still visible.

In my ones, the Rx is right under the glass.

NOTE TO MOD.

Can mine and scams posts be moved to a new thread for the speedo iix?

Rob

You realise that looking at the picture... And then space between the servo and the battery... I think you would have made it balance, without the Rx going so far back?

On your first install you has the servo tray that is provided installed? I never use it because it uses too much space. Guess this may have been the source of the frustration :-)

Rob

You realise that looking at the picture... And then space between the servo and the battery... I think you would have made it balance, without the Rx going so far back?

On your first install you has the servo tray that is provided installed? I never use it because it uses too much space. Guess this may have been the source of the frustration :-)

Rob

mmmm....  well maybe but the kit was without a servo tray.  I know it was mentioned in the instructions (or somewhere) but I did not feel necessary to chase you for it. The one seen, I made, positioned so as to allow Rx and possibly battery removal.  However, that left too little space for lead.

Leaving the gap there now, at least allows me to remove the battery without removing the servo.  I like things to be servicable.  The number of times I have railed to myself at the need to remove half my car in order to replace some component needing service has caused much pain and skinned knuckles  :drool:

I don't like building same condition into my models  ;)

Perhaps I should go for big scalies  :D

• 2 months later...
Rob Thomson

So...

Just been chatting to George fro Oshmans who me the speedo.

He is starting design on the speedo wing.

I look forward to seeing the results!

Rob

• Like 1