Sign in to follow this  
Martin_N

BMFA F3F League Contest 1

Martin_N

Hi All,

It’s that time of year again and the BMFA F3F league is due to start on the 10th March 2013 at Whitesheet. Registration is now open and will close on Wednesday 6th March 2013 at 10pm.

You need to send your registration directly to martinnewnham@btinternet.com using the same subject header, with the following information:

· Pilot Name.

· Pilot BMFA insurance number / other insurance details.

· 2 Frequencies (If on 35Mhz) or confirm 2.4ghz

· Model names (maximum of 3)

Note: There are further contact details for me on the BMFA website if needed in the events calendar.

A weather call will be made on the Friday evening before the event and published through BARCS and F3F yahoo groups. This call will be based on local knowledge and latest weather reports.

All the competition dates have been made available since the beginning of January and can be viewed in any of the following locations:

· http://www.bmfa.org/events/index.html (Select the month you wish to view from the drop down menu).

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/calendar/2-event-calendar

Note: All one and multi day events can be considered as Team trail events.

I will provide all meet details on Wednesday after the registration has closed and again on Friday when the weather call is made.

Thanks

Martin

Gromit

XC weather forecast for Sundays BMFA comp at Whitesheet. Bitterly cold, dry, & 15 - 20

mph NE

I've flown whitesheet for a number of yrs but never flown the NE slope

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Mere_dorset_

Stu.

isoaritfirst

I've flown it a few times in Easterlies, but only then in very very light thermal conditions, I cannot imagine it working well at all in a stronger wind. 

Martin_N

XC weather forecast for Sundays BMFA comp at Whitesheet. Bitterly cold, dry, & 15 - 20

mph NE

I've flown whitesheet for a number of yrs but never flown the NE slope

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Mere_dorset_

Stu.

I guess we all have a choice regards the cold. Flown in -15 degrees wind chill a number of times.

Alibabaj

Whitesheet is my local slope and the N/E is only good for summer thermal flying! I was flying the N/E last Saturday in light air, not very inspiring... Fingers crossed the forecast changes.

Ian F3F

The one thing we can't do anything about is the weather.I was once tol by a man wiser than me that f3f is about maximising the energy you have- sounds very apt.

I know that martin is keeping an eye on it. Short of someone offering to turn out with a dozen JCBs on friday there is no point in worrying. Like clearing clag in wales, you can't affect it

Let's see what the weekend holds

Ian

Martin_N

I've been keeping an eye on this for sometime, we have also well in advance tried to secure the SE bowl with no luck, but are still hopeful the paraglide club will respond.

I also appreciate that other directions are an issue. I do have an option in my back pocket as ultimately my job is to run a competition for us to fly.

I will keep all pilots registered fully up to date once registration is closed tonight.

Thanks

Martin

Martin_N

Hi All,

To confirm this weekends event is ON, however due to issues at WhiteSheet and with the agreement of the currently registered pilots, the event will move to Wales.

The meet location will be at the Wrecker car park between 8:30 and 9am.

http://mikey.rchomepage.com/bwlch.htm

Due to the relocation of the event I will be happy to take any additional enteries, should other pilots wish to travel to Wales.  If you do, please email me directly at martinnewnham@btinternet.com before 3pm tomorrow, so I am able to put the flight list together in prepartion for Sunday.

Thanks

Martin

rumbey

Its that true -  Just heard Martin did 26.10 New world record -  Holy cow!

rumbey

correction 26.84 - still an amazing time!

simon_t

Yes it's true. Great conditions on the Wrecker. Wind averaging 20m/s, peaking at 23m/s, and straight on. 101m course (measured before and after with a Nikon laser rangefinder. Martin's first four flights were all sub 30, and quite a few other folks with sub 30s, including Rich Bago, Pengy, Mark Redsell, Joel West (but I failed!).

Simon

Bobbyr

Sounds an Epic Comp guys, Well Done Martin, What a sheet it was not a couple of tenths faster ,

Well done as well to Martin Drewitt , the guy will never amount to much cos hes a mate of Sting and Trudys, but he did an excellent 34.2 to get a great PB time and fly faster than Rumbster,

and everyone else who had a stonking day Well Done,

I was told to do the mothering sunday thing , it sucked to be honest

Bob

Rooster-X

Congrats to Martin and all the rest with the sub 30's wish I could have been there, who won then? :)

Scott Ravenscroft

Yes Well done Martin..... :thumbsup:

rumbey

Yes it's true. Great conditions on the Wrecker. Wind averaging 20m/s, peaking at 23m/s, and straight on. 101m course (measured before and after with a Nikon laser rangefinder. Martin's first four flights were all sub 30, and quite a few other folks with sub 30s, including Rich Bago, Pengy, Mark Redsell, Joel West (but I failed!).

Simon

What better conditions than the Crest a few weeks ago??

rumbey

Simon

Those folks who got a sub 30 really deserve it and have been threatening to do so for some time.  Well done for taking full advantage of the conditions!

Les

Well done Martin with that great time.

Hope you had a cracking day.

Ian F3F

Whata. Day!

Well done to martin on not only a great record but making the race happen. Its great the the new record was set at a whitesheet comp!

Ian

• Like 1