Sign in to follow this  
Martin_N

BMFA F3F League Contest 1

Martin_N

Congratulations Mark on winning the comp - 6x sub-30s is an amazing feat

Congratulations Martin on the amazing new UK record - and well done for tenacity in making the comp happen, despite the change of venue & dodgy forecast of clagged in & snowed up

(shame about the 101m course - could have been a WR !)

Phil.

Thanks Phil,

Not sure about the dodgy forecast bit, but there is a very valid reason for the course to be setup as such and that is because of these kind of situations. If the course had been short it would have accounted for nothing for all of us, so better to be slightly long. I learnt that from Kevin and AJ very early on whilst helping setup the courses in Wales and very important one indeed.

Martin

Rocket Ronnie

Again

Jealous

WELL DONE EVERYONE

Gromit

Ystdy's venue switch from Whitesheet to Wales was all the more sweeter for me as i was really dissapointed at not being able to attend the the comp on the Crest a couple of weeks ago which saw PB's galore & Abbo breaking the then record.

To witness & be a part of ystdy's events was very inspiring.  I'm thoroughly enjoying this F3f Mullarky & already lookin forward to the next comp  :thumbsup:

Stu.

Greg Dakin

Absolutely incredible guys - many congrats to the sub-30 crowd. Finally, an opportunity to explore the virtues of new hardware / flying styles against the backdrop of 23m/s on the Wrecker. It's been a long time coming, but well worth wait!

I turn my back to buy a bunch of daffs for Mother's Day, and all hell breaks loose.....

Greg

• Like 1

mark_r

Well guys, that was a pretty special day. Excellent job on the re-arrangement Martin - would have been no contest without it.

Highlights for me were

Martin's perfectly executed record run - perfect match of flying style to the conditions. Might be quite a while before that record goes again, And

Great to meet/see a new (to me) bunch of nutters sticking it out in the wild conditions - excellent job to all of of you. (Quite a bit of future potential there....)

That's the most consistent conditions of their type I've ever flown in in wales - seemed very unusual for the wrecker. Just about recovered from the temperature cycling, frozen when standing around, cooking when hiking back to land. Tough luck to those who suffered damage (self included - bu........ fus on landing)

Looking forward to something a bit calmer for the next one!

jwest532

Absolutely incredible guys - many congrats to the sub-30 crowd. Finally, an opportunity to explore the virtues of new hardware / flying styles against the backdrop of 23m/s on the Wrecker. It's been a long time coming, but well worth wait!

I turn my back to buy a bunch of daffs for Mother's Day, and all hell breaks loose.....

Greg

I bought the daffs on the way back. M4 services, genius. Well I thought so :)))))))))

abbof3f

I bought the daffs on the way back. M4 services, genius. Well I thought so :)))))))))

same again next sunday !

jwest532

A couple of degree's warmer might be nice. Not sure that this easterly will be with us until this Sunday, looks to turn south :(

Welshtibs

Incredible day on the Wrecker. I imagine Mark must be as pleased as punch winning a competition of this caliber! Martin getting the record as well was good to see, as I know how frustrated he was at missing out at the last competition. I counted 16 sub 30 second runs in Martin's report!

Sorry to hear about the carnage especially Mark T Needle 100. This is model appears to have been integral in Mark's improving F3F, and I hope it doesn't knock him back. Two thoughts, either batteries or Tx arial position. I have seen a number of models go in on the Bwlch like this in the winter. People forget how high up we are when flying and resulting wind chill. NiMn have always been a bit suspect in low temperatures. As a result I always cover the models nose when not flying. The other is Tx aerial position on 2.4 Ghz.

When I switched to 2.4 Ghz it had a few bad scares with my Ceres and Stinger. I used to put my Tx aerial to the side until Simon warned me that if the aerial points at the model the signal is very weak. I always point mine down now and have had no more problems. My thought is if Mark's aerial was to the side when turning to walk to the landing area it cold have been pointed at the model, hence loss of signal.

That all said a great day and I hope we get a bit moe excitement over the next two weekends.

All the best Andrzej

isoaritfirst

see CD (calender page) spread sheet now available to down load

Team USA F3F

To all my UK friends that I met at the 2012 worlds in Germany,

Congrats on all the new personal best times and nearly a new world record. I hope all you guys are doing well

and the news of these incredibly fast times in great news!

Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,

Brandon

Team USA F3F 2012

Martin_N

To all my UK friends that I met at the 2012 worlds in Germany,

Congrats on all the new personal best times and nearly a new world record. I hope all you guys are doing well

and the news of these incredibly fast times in great news!

Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,

Brandon

Team USA F3F 2012

H Brandon,

Thanks, its great to hear from you and glad you have joined the forum.

Hope you managed to get plenty of relaxing flying in since the worlds.

Martin

slope_dragon_x

Truly exceptional.  Well done to all who took part and a hearty congratualtions to all of you with such fantastic PB's.

It seemed that British F3F had been in the doldrums for some time, but this must rank as one of the greatest ever F3F races.  Here's hoping that the return to form at the Bwlch over the last couple of weeks will carry through for the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see what the attendance will be like at the next couple of races!

Well done chaps.  The rest of the slope community is proud of you.

Team USA F3F

H Brandon,

Thanks, its great to hear from you and glad you have joined the forum.

Hope you managed to get plenty of relaxing flying in since the worlds.

Martin

Hi Martin,

It was a really quiet winter ! Our flying season is now underway and our first competition

is official !

Say hello to all the guys for me!

Brandon