BMFA F3F League Contest 2 (Wales)

Martin_N

paul garnett

Hmm, not sure which weather to believe, XC always seems to be a bit optimistic, the one I use(weather forecast UK)  is showing up to an 81% chance of rain starting around 1000hrs, through 1600hrs, so far its been right!!

Hi All,

The BMFA F3F League contest 2 this Sunday 21st April in Wales is ON.

We will meet at the Ice Cream Car Park between 8:30am and 8:45am where a decision will be made on which slope will be used for the contest on the day. At present this could either be Mickey's or the Back of the Wrecker.

Below is a list of registered pilots, note this is not the flying order for Sunday. If you do not see your name on the list and you registered please get in touch with me as soon as possible.

If your plans have changed and you are unable to make it Sunday, could you let me know as soon as possible.

Name

1 Pete Burgess

2 Martin Newnham

3 Simon Thornton

4 Mark Abotts

5 Frank Hulton

6 Martin Drewett

7 Mark Treble

8 Tom Foreman

9 Keith Wood

10 Peter Gunning

11 Tom Macpherson

12 Ronnie Lampe

13 Mike Evans

14 Joel west

15 Rich Bago

16 Graeme Mahoney

17 Mark Redsell

18 Andrzej Tabero

19 John Treble

20 Tony Livingstone

21 Ian Falconer

22 Jon Edison

23 John Phillips

24 Stuart Wallace

25 John Bennett

26 Paul Garnet

27 Dave Rumble

28 Tony Robertson

29 Chris Stubley

30 Paul Upton

31 Greg Dakin

32 Rob Coles

Thanks

Martin

Sun 21 Apr Weather

A dry start with patchy cloud. Cloud will thicken up through the afternoon with some rain which may be heavy at times. A bit breezier than Saturday but winds still fairly light.

Visibility

Generally good, moderate in any rain, very poor in any hill fog.

Hill fog

Patches above 400 metres at first will thicken up through the day with the onset of rain later.

Max wind above 400m

South-westerly 35 mph

Temperature Valleys: Plus 3 rising to 10 Celsius 800m: Plus 3 Celsius Freezing level: Above the summits.

Issued at: 1621 on Fri 19 Apr 2013

very poor in any hill fog.

Hill fog Patches above 400 metres at first will thicken up through the day with the onset of rain later.

this is the bit that worries me, could be hit or miss, but if we get the clear it could be a good show.

I've chosen to bow out of tomorrows comp, partly because of the weather forecast, but mainly because I want to finish my Needles - it was a real treat to progress with the build today without shivering in the garage!

Hope you guys have a good race, and the rain band bi-passes the Bwlch..

Cheers,

Greg

I've chosen to bow out of tomorrows comp, partly because of the weather forecast, but mainly because I want to finish my Needles - it was a real treat to progress with the build today without shivering in the garage!

Cheers,

Greg

myself and frank also rained off .hope we are wrong for the sake of the guys who are down there,see you all soon abo and frank!

Cheers,

Greg

I'm the same Greg and yes its bloody horrible having to work in a cold garage or The freezer as my mates call it!

I'm the same Greg and yes its bloody horrible having to work in a cold garage or The freezer as my mates call it!

Yeah, it really is Dave - puts you under a load of pressure too - I've had these HT Pro's since last November, with every intention of blitz building them to fly in the WL's.....some hope with the winter that we've just had! Still, a 10 hour session tomorrow should see the job done, which will come as some relief and give me competitive airframes to play with over the summer :-)

Cheers,

Greg

I'm much the same. Will make one last check tomorrow but if things haven't improved I'll give it a miss.

Sorry Peter, would have been good to catch up :(.

Will give me some time to checkout my pitbull, arrived a week ago and it's not seen the light of day yet.

Joel

paul garnett

I had to bow out today, had a very dodgy stomach...must have had Horse in it because it sure gave me the trots...hope you do get a chance for the guys i know have already made the commitment.

Greg. will be great to see you flying your new shinnies mate, mine is really coming on now, just need to work on my cuts!!

Ever since my slope session at Whitesheet on Wednesday I've had a dodgy shin that hurts when I walk and when I drive. The long electric session this morning didn't cure it either.  So the dodgy leg, coupled with the weather forecast, means I'm wimping out too. 

Must get out to Whitesheet again next week though to test fly the Mini Vector :)

Hope to meet up with everybody again later in the year :thumbsup:  

Greg. will be great to see you flying your new shinnies mate, mine is really coming on now, just need to work on my cuts!!

Thanks Paul, yes I'm looking forward to taking my TX off the peg and getting out and about again - it'll be great to catch-up! Perhaps if I buy you a couple of beers, you'll share some set-up tips with me?

Cheers,

Greg

Rocket Ronnie

Any news about today's comp???????

Frank, Jon E and myself had a great days flying up at the HOH today,

Got my new needle really rocking.

Ronnie

Any news about today's comp???????

Frank, Jon E and myself had a great days flying up at the HOH today,

Got my new needle really rocking.

Ronnie

started to race then 3  pilots in, Rained off around dinner unfortunately for those who travelled,better luck next time :(

Rocket Ronnie

started to race then 3  pilots in, Rained off around dinner unfortunately for those who travelled,better luck next time :(

Bugger, sorry for the guys from Scotland bloody long drive for sweet fanny Adams.

Ronnie